General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Re: No More Dr. KSI

Post by KSP » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:05 pm

Hi ksi,

many ppl here who have their animated avatar created by u will remember you for a long long time.....

like some ppl mentioned, this forum has recently changed a lot from when it started... i didn't think so initally but now i know it has really changed (from chief and your msg).... :sad: :sad: :sad: :gloomy: :gloomy: :gloomy:

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by verykiasumummy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:54 pm

doc... i really regretted for just requested 1 avatar from u.... that is all i hv from u... and u r no longer here to give us great surprises.... feeling very sad that u came back to close your episode and put a fullstop to all you have done...

舍不得leh, really 舍不得...

nobody inherited ur skills of making the avatars look alive... this is a very big loss to ksp... to have lost u....

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by KSP » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:28 pm

for some reasons i think u are a cantonese....

[/youtube]

mamago
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by mamago » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:32 pm

[/youtube]

縱使告別也交出真心意 默默承受際遇....

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasumummy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:33 pm

KSP wrote:for some reasons i think u are a cantonese....

[/youtube]
i love cantonese songs since young.. the "beyond" era... haha....

i couldnt find the chi version la... i hope ksi understand the same meaning too...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasumummy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:37 pm

mamago wrote:[/youtube]

縱使告別也交出真心意 默默承受際遇....
wah wah wah.... oldies... :rahrah: :rahrah: :rahrah:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by KSP » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:46 pm

verykiasumummy wrote:i love cantonese songs since young.. the "beyond" era... haha....

i couldnt find the chi version la... i hope ksi understand the same meaning too...
[/youtube]

i like this song best from beyond.....

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by verykiasumummy » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:48 pm

KSP wrote:
verykiasumummy wrote:i love cantonese songs since young.. the "beyond" era... haha....

[/youtube]

i like this song best from beyond.....
yes yes yes!!! super duper like!!!

are we from same era??? hohoho... =)

Picolo
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Post by Picolo » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:53 pm

qms wrote:A Message from our dear ksi.....
:hugs: Dear dr ksi, your absence is felt. Take care and maybe, come 2013, you may want to join in all the yakkings again. You have a 2014 PSLE kid and surely you'll have lots more to share?!!! Don't make the journey alone...

We'll wait for you!

Here I hope you don't mind that I take the liberty to share a very inspirational post (dd 27/12/11) from you. :oops: it reminds me of my own hectic sec CCA days and how we used to cope, then how ironically that when I stopped CCA in JC, how "things fall apart". I actually printed this post of yours to remind myself of the precious lesson learnt, to encourage my DSs to strive for the best both in CCAs and studies...
ksi wrote: Then I have been abused and by the same school incidentally. But I was "happily abused". I missed 3-4 MONTHS of lessons DAILY (with all my teachers scolding and cursing me for doing so) and trained full days on weekends but I still emerged amongst the top in my class and scored the highest in one of the subjects, so I meant it when I said I was "happily abused" and "abused" was still correct because no help was rendered by the school but I believe that became the biggest help in my life as I learned the lesson of efficient studies due to this. Perhaps because I knew I had lesser than most people in terms of guidance in schoolwork and time, I put in doubly hard effort unknowingly and I was actually more efficient. It brought my studies to another level I never knew. The more I trained physically, the better I became in my studies, my brain was running so efficiently, it was unbelievable...everything I studied on my own was like Archimedes shouting "Eureka!" each time I solved it. In fact after training, I had to return home to spend at least an hour to prepare the items for next day's training and yet I could complete all homework assigned daily without fail(without attending the lesson and figured out how to do on my own using textbooks only; sec textbooks are pretty decent I must say) and never slept a night late or got up with dark rings over my eyes. No teacher ever knocked at my parents' door to complain about unhanded or undone assignments. I never did badly in any tests during that period, maintaining a pristine record academically. In fact my parents were oblivious to me skipping classes in school and often wondered why I spent so many hours in school on weekends and lugged so much stuff to school daily. Since my parents knew nothing, I decided everything. :) It was a crucial streaming year too because we were either streamed to science or arts and I was streamed to the oversubscribed pure science class which there were only 2 out of 10 classes.

I am sharing this not to trumpet that I was good, certainly I had no clue at all but there was one thing that kept me going...we wanted to win the gold trophy to glorify our school and we DID! I am sharing this experience as an alternative view that sometimes we may not know what magic such schedule can do for us. When pushed to our limits, the unknown side of us surfaced. I actually got to know myself better in that year and I never fell sick throughout the ordeal. The lesson I derived from this experience was priceless and left indelible memories of my best days in school. Everyday I share with my child, don't underestimate the steel under herself.

But of course I must qualify....those might be deemed as the days that "mata wear shorts" days when I was receiving my sec education....so please read this with a pinch of salt as an alternative view. :wink:

Ironically, the thing that caused my studies to show any warning signs of falter was never the hectic schedule during my school-life between CCA and studies but it was the complexities of BGR during my 'A' levels. :rotflmao: So now as a parent, I am eye-balling this more than time spent on CCA.
:thankyou:

KSP
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by KSP » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:05 pm

[/youtube]

[/youtube]

hope u will remember all the good time with kiasuparents.com...

[/youtube]
A Message from our dear ksi.... wrote:2014 PSLE I have to go through it alone now.. :(
everyone in "2014 PSLE Discussions and Strategy" will remember u who created the thread for us....