Factually @gov.sg

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Factually @gov.sg

Postby 3Boys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:41 am


3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:01 am

I wonder will education be on the list next. Factually about education.

It's a way to consolidate arguments against "conspiracy theories" and other speculations. I wonder how will the gvt advertise this section of the website.

I find it rather cute, not as in adorable, but corny cute. I know politics and policies are serious biz but I can imagine that jokes/parody will be generated from this latest attempt to educate the public.
Last edited by SAHM_TAN on Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 30


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby 3Boys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:04 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:I wonder will education be on the list next. Factually about education.

It's a way to consolidate arguments against "conspiracy theories" and other speculations. I wonder how will the gvt advertise this section of the website.


When it comes to education its mostly myth, I feel...... :roll:

....on the parents' part :duck:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Oct 08, 2012 8:08 am

3Boys wrote:
SAHM_TAN wrote:I wonder will education be on the list next. Factually about education.

It's a way to consolidate arguments against "conspiracy theories" and other speculations. I wonder how will the gvt advertise this section of the website.


When it comes to education its mostly myth, I feel...... :roll:

....on the parents' part :duck:


With that comment you will need to :duck: many times :rotflmao:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 30


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby Daddy D » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:18 am

Got summary a not? :razz:
Only 1 line caught my attention... "Singapore has a unique system..."
Duh... :shrug:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3



Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby limlim » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:48 am

Interesting.. but do they allow netizens to engage?



Hmm.. did they share why they cannot tell the EP how much reserve SG have?

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6623
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Total Likes: 102


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby 3Boys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:12 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:I find it rather cute, not as in adorable, but corny cute. I know politics and policies are serious biz but I can imagine that jokes/parody will be generated from this latest attempt to educate the public.


For sure. Those who don't need convincing, don't need this, those who refuse to be convinced, don't need this. It's only for the middle ground of folk who have some doubts, but an open and inquisitive mind, to help make up their minds either way.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby 3Boys » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:14 am

limlim wrote:Interesting.. but do they allow netizens to engage?



Hmm.. did they share why they cannot tell the EP how much reserve SG have?


OTC was asking for much more than what GIC and Temasek have, he wanted a list of all g'ment assets. Completely different kettle of fish.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby SAHM_TAN » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:55 am

3Boys wrote:
SAHM_TAN wrote:I find it rather cute, not as in adorable, but corny cute. I know politics and policies are serious biz but I can imagine that jokes/parody will be generated from this latest attempt to educate the public.


For sure. Those who don't need convincing, don't need this, those who refuse to be convinced, don't need this. It's only for the middle ground of folk who have some doubts, but an open and inquisitive mind, to help make up their minds either way.


I think just live life with a pinch of salt.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10963
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:47 am
Total Likes: 30


Re: Factually @gov.sg

Postby pirate » Mon Oct 08, 2012 1:05 pm

limlim wrote:Hmm.. did they share why they cannot tell the EP how much reserve SG have?

Man... that was so yesterday... I mean last month... last year... last decade... last century... last millenium.

Where's my [s] [/s] tag?

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3926
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:09 pm
Total Likes: 163


Next

Return to Recess Time