MOE appoints 59 principals

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby musette » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:33 pm

Hi,

There will be a change of principals for RGS and Cedar Girls.

Link here:
http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/files ... nnex-a.pdf

musette
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:56 am
Total Likes: 0


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby AceTutors123 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:48 pm

The Ministry of Education (MOE) will be appointing 59 Principals at the Appointment and Appreciation Ceremony for Principals to be held on 27 December 2012. Of these, 29 are newly-appointed Principals. (Please refer to Annex A (140kb .pdf) for the details).

http://www.moe.gov.sg/media/press/2012/10/ministry-of-education-appoints-59-principals-in-2012.php

AceTutors123
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 447
Joined: Sat Apr 10, 2010 2:34 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby raysusan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 6:19 pm

I dd told a new principal is coming soon. Same surname.

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby janet88 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 pm

CHIJ TP sec having new principal as well.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33790
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby PhoBIA » Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:24 pm

What significance does having new principals have.

PhoBIA
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 338
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:28 am
Total Likes: 0



Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby janet88 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:33 am

PhoBIA wrote:What significance does having new principals have.

MOE mentioned something like to allow schools to benefit from 'infusion of fresh perspectives'...anyway, principals do not stay in same school for more than certain number of years. Advantages and disadvantages definitely. Some newly-appointed ones may be demanding and want to see improvements fast...my friend said her school' newly appointed P is result-oriented :censored:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33790
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby Jmom » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:43 am

Being 'Captain of the Ship', I believe that there must be some impact on the school as a whole cos of different management style.

Just pray and make sure that the change is for the better.

Jmom
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2009 2:41 pm
Total Likes: 4


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby janet88 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:02 am

Jmom wrote:Being 'Captain of the Ship', I believe that there must be some impact on the school as a whole cos of different management style.

Just pray and make sure that the change is for the better.


Yes, the captain of the ship should always care for the sailors...showing concern and setting RIGHT example. 新官上任 (hope I got it correct).

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33790
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby slmkhoo » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:09 am

janet_lee88 wrote:
Jmom wrote:Being 'Captain of the Ship', I believe that there must be some impact on the school as a whole cos of different management style.

Just pray and make sure that the change is for the better.


Yes, the captain of the ship should always care for the sailors...showing concern and setting RIGHT example. 新官上任 (hope I got it correct).

And be the last off the ship (or go down with it) if it sinks. I wonder how that applies to principals?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 173


Re: MOE appoints 59 principals

Postby janet88 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 11:16 am

slmkhoo wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:
Jmom wrote:Being 'Captain of the Ship', I believe that there must be some impact on the school as a whole cos of different management style.

Just pray and make sure that the change is for the better.


Yes, the captain of the ship should always care for the sailors...showing concern and setting RIGHT example. 新官上任 (hope I got it correct).

And be the last off the ship (or go down with it) if it sinks. I wonder how that applies to principals?


You mean like Titanic ? The captain went down with it...wait, the ship cannot sink bcos our kids will drown. The captain cannot be like that Italian cruise liner who abandoned the passengers either.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33790
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Next

Return to Recess Time