LEARNConcierge

NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby ponyo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

octoberbaby wrote:can't imagine, a lawyer represent a client, full of tatoo and a sex maniac. Wonder how is he going to represent a rape victim?


don't think he will be practising law since he has publicly announced he has no interests in this vocation.

He already has his own biz...

Just feel upset that he has wasted our taxpayers' money and deprived some other kid who is more deserving of a place in the law school but could not get in...

The parents ought to take time to reflect themselves on how they have pushed their kid into such a selfish monster...sighz...

ponyo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 331
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:21 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby MR06 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 7:21 am

Actually I'm quite hesitant to share this cos it's politically-sensitive, but anyway .....

There is this old lady who brings her grandchild to an enrichment class as my dc. She is a chatting kaki while we wait to pick up our kids. She usually talks about her church but one day the topic veered to education and politics.

She shared her relative works in the civil service and she is tasked to jet around the region scouring for bright kids. She doesn't just goes to the big cities but remote areas to entice these youngsters with free scholarship to come to Singapore.

It instantly synced with what I've read in another forum whereby someone shared his experience on being told in his face by a PRC. "I did not come to your country on my own accord. Your govt pleaded with me to come over and induced me with the freebies." It really made my blood boil!

She also shared how she had turned from a PAP die-hard supporter to supporting the opposition. There are so many old folks who used to be the ruling party's supporters now sitting on the fence and crossing over by the day when they perceived their children or grandchildren were being marginalized because of the government policies.

MR06
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 am
Total Likes: 1


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby bupashu » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:09 am

MR06 wrote:Actually I'm quite hesitant to share this cos it's politically-sensitive, but anyway .....

There is this old lady who brings her grandchild to an enrichment class as my dc. She is a chatting kaki while we wait to pick up our kids. She usually talks about her church but one day the topic veered to education and politics.

She shared her relative works in the civil service and she is tasked to jet around the region scouring for bright kids. She doesn't just goes to the big cities but remote areas to entice these youngsters with free scholarship to come to Singapore.

It instantly synced with what I've read in another forum whereby someone shared his experience on being told in his face by a PRC. "I did not come to your country on my own accord. Your govt pleaded with me to come over and induced me with the freebies." It really made my blood boil!

She also shared how she had turned from a PAP die-hard supporter to supporting the opposition. There are so many old folks who used to be the ruling party's supporters now sitting on the fence and crossing over by the day when they perceived their children or grandchildren were being marginalized because of the government policies.


there are two main reasons for this to happen:

(1) singaporeans are not reproducing enough

(2) those that have been reproduced are not smart enough and they implement the population policy by the letter not by the spirit, hence you get ALL kinds of immigrants. for the sake of their (civil servants) rice bowls they have kpi to meet

to stop the importation of immigrants, every singaporean must start to show they can produce 3 more babies then have the moral authority to demand PMO to cease the population import policy
bupashu
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:08 pm
Total Likes: 1


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby Mawar » Thu Nov 15, 2012 8:26 am

Can't blame parents or family upbringing.

Many foreign scholarship holders come over at an impressionable age 11 or 12. Some are a little older. They live away from their families. They know and believe they are smart because everyone tells them that. When they go home to their families, they are celebrated and loved. Not enough contact time to mould and inculcate moral or values.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:50 pm
Total Likes: 11


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby limlim » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:04 am

bupashu wrote:to stop the importation of immigrants, every singaporean must start to show they can produce 3 more babies then have the moral authority to demand PMO to cease the population import policy


And what gives the PMO the moral authority to ask the population to produce 3 or more babies when they introduce STOP AT TWO campaign and DISCOURAGED the population from reproducing too fast, And an over liberalisation of the 1969 abortion act in 1974.

They may have their reasons, as well as locals who oppose the reckless imports that can potentially erode the social fabric. The moral authority argument have no place here.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 6946
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:43 pm
Total Likes: 108



Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby phtthp » Thu Nov 15, 2012 9:58 am

limlim wrote:
bupashu wrote:to stop the importation of immigrants, every singaporean must start to show they can produce 3 more babies then have the moral authority to demand PMO to cease the population import policy


And what gives the PMO the moral authority to ask the population to produce 3 or more babies when they introduce STOP AT TWO campaign and DISCOURAGED the population from reproducing too fast, And an over liberalisation of the 1969 abortion act in 1974.

They may have their reasons, as well as locals who oppose the reckless imports that can potentially erode the social fabric. The moral authority argument have no place here.

exactly !
with the cost of living so high in SG now - who can afford 3 or more kids nowadays ?
and why NUS so quiet like mouse -
(like trying to sweep things under the carpet)
dare not tell public in detail why NUS didn't want to expel this DEGRADING IMMORAL RUBBISH, very UNGRATEFUL SEX PORNOGRAPHY BRAT, Alvin guy? scared that as we Singaporeans dig further, demand that interview panel to come forward explain to Singaporeans why and how they select Alvin, is it ?

Alvin is so arrogant !
did we ever hear a single word of APPRECIATION or a small word of THANKFULNESS AND GRATEFULNESS coming out from his mouth, for all these years of education in SG spent in grooming him, using every single penny from our SG public funds ? NO !

He even stated publicly, openly, defiantly -
to the whole of Singapore, to the whole global world that He is NOT interested in becoming a lawyer. So why NUS still want to let him continue study law, for one more year ? Expel him at once, immediately !!!
Last edited by phtthp on Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:11 am, edited 3 times in total.

phtthp
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 15807
Joined: Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:04 pm
Total Likes: 82


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby janet88 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:02 am

This sex maniac should be expelled...why is he still given a chance to continue? He is old enough to know what he should and should not do.
He has spent few hundred thousand and has disgraced the term 'scholarship'.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 38937
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 124


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby mamemo » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:54 am

Recently there are 2 high-profile cases from the Law Faculty: this case, and the sex-for-grades case. Interestingly, I know of this law graduate who has no qualms wearing thick makeup and revealing clothes, even during her internship. However, she is good academically....from top in neighbourhood pri school to IP school and now preparing to enter the Bar.

Oh well, I'm not saying that it's bad to wear thick makeup and revealing clothes...just that somehow it doesn't fit into image of a lawyer.

mamemo
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 456
Joined: Mon May 18, 2009 10:44 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby janet88 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:55 am

mamemo wrote:Oh well, I'm not saying that it's bad to wear thick makeup and revealing clothes...just that somehow it doesn't fit into image of a lawyer.


not very pro for a female lawyer.
thick makeup and revealing clothes...think she is in the wrong line.
Last edited by janet88 on Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 38937
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 124


Re: NUS Law Scholar faces potential disciplinary actions.

Postby MR06 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:59 am

bupashu wrote:
MR06 wrote:Actually I'm quite hesitant to share this cos it's politically-sensitive, but anyway .....

There is this old lady who brings her grandchild to an enrichment class as my dc. She is a chatting kaki while we wait to pick up our kids. She usually talks about her church but one day the topic veered to education and politics.

She shared her relative works in the civil service and she is tasked to jet around the region scouring for bright kids. She doesn't just goes to the big cities but remote areas to entice these youngsters with free scholarship to come to Singapore.

It instantly synced with what I've read in another forum whereby someone shared his experience on being told in his face by a PRC. "I did not come to your country on my own accord. Your govt pleaded with me to come over and induced me with the freebies." It really made my blood boil!

She also shared how she had turned from a PAP die-hard supporter to supporting the opposition. There are so many old folks who used to be the ruling party's supporters now sitting on the fence and crossing over by the day when they perceived their children or grandchildren were being marginalized because of the government policies.


there are two main reasons for this to happen:

(1) singaporeans are not reproducing enough

(2) those that have been reproduced are not smart enough and they implement the population policy by the letter not by the spirit, hence you get ALL kinds of immigrants. for the sake of their (civil servants) rice bowls they have kpi to meet

to stop the importation of immigrants, every singaporean must start to show they can produce 3 more babies then have the moral authority to demand PMO to cease the population import policy


There are a multitude of reasons why Singaporeans are not reproducing enough.

As for those that had been reproduced, are they really not smart :skeptical: or rather those chosen to rise up the ranks in the civil service not smart enough? :? Are those that are in politics representative of smart people in the country? :scratchhead: Let's chew on it. :evil:

MR06
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 618
Joined: Thu Jul 19, 2012 10:16 am
Total Likes: 1


PreviousNext

Return to Recess Time

LEARNConcierge