"Downloading" Private Messages

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

"Downloading" Private Messages

Postby schellen » Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:52 am

Is there a way to "download" our Private Messages (PMs) at this forum? At one forum, I had to manually copy and paste all my messages one by one and save them as an MS Word document. At another forum, there was a download option but it compressed all my PMs into some format I don't recognise and can't read from using a a word processor programme like MS Word or Open Office.

Of course, if my PMs here are so few that I can count them all using one or both hands, I wouldn't be asking for help, right? So can anyone provide suggestions? I'll be willing to try them as long as they don't involve me using unsafe/unstable programmes or those that require me to pay to use.

Thank you very much! :D

P.S. Er, should this be posted under IT forum instead of Chit Chat?

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: "Downloading" Private Messages

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:54 pm

schellen wrote:Is there a way to "download" our Private Messages (PMs) at this forum? At one forum, I had to manually copy and paste all my messages one by one and save them as an MS Word document. At another forum, there was a download option but it compressed all my PMs into some format I don't recognise and can't read from using a a word processor programme like MS Word or Open Office.

Of course, if my PMs here are so few that I can count them all using one or both hands, I wouldn't be asking for help, right? So can anyone provide suggestions? I'll be willing to try them as long as they don't involve me using unsafe/unstable programmes or those that require me to pay to use.

Thank you very much! :D

P.S. Er, should this be posted under IT forum instead of Chit Chat?

Wah... Your PMs so many arh? :wink: From sashimi to sashimi??

Hmm... ok... we'll scout around for something, just for you, schellen :-)

And this is the right thread to post this question.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby schellen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:11 am

Thanks, Chief!

No lah, not from sashimi or to sashimi. That one use MSN will be faster. :wink:

Actually it's to and from jedamum, so I think she may also benefit from this... unless she doesn't save PMs? :idea:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:55 am

schellen wrote: so I think she may also benefit from this... unless she doesn't save PMs? :idea:

i didn't even know PMs can be saved...:oops: can't we just leave it in the inbox? :wink:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:24 pm

jedamum wrote:
schellen wrote: so I think she may also benefit from this... unless she doesn't save PMs? :idea:

i didn't even know PMs can be saved...:oops: can't we just leave it in the inbox? :wink:

Can but one of the forums I used to hang out at no longer exists so luckily, I retrieved my PMs long before that happened.

Basically, I treat my PMs like my e-mails....do back-up and maybe also print out for easy reference.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time