For
75%
Against
25%

Total votes : 55

PSLE leave: For or Against?

Postby Daddy D » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:26 am

http://www.businesstimes.com.sg/premium ... s-20121023

PSLE leave plan for OCBC staff with kids... up to 15 days' leave and carry it forward to the next year so that they can stay home to help their child study for the Primary School Leaving Examination (PSLE).

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 76/1/.html

PSLE leave may "feed into fears" of parents: Josephine Teo

There's always 2 sides to a coin... Which is the lesser evil?
:?

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: PSLE leave: For or Against?

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:37 am

Maybe some organization decide that it's better to have these parents plan and apply for leave than to go on MC during that time!! :evil:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Daddy D » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:45 am

Use PSLE leave to 临时抱佛脚... A bit jiat lat Liao...

Perhaps 政府 can consider child care leave till 12 years old?

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Charnic » Thu Oct 25, 2012 9:58 am

If you think deeper into this, not much diff right ? It is still utilising one's own leave. Not sure what is causing the commotion ? :scratchhead:

Charnic
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:01 am

Yalor. if I read correctly, they are not getting more days of leave. rather, they can bring forward some of the previous yr's leave so that they can use it during the PSLE year.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Daddy D » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:04 am

Is it?
I still thought it's additional leave...
Chey.... :faint:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:10 am

Daddy D wrote: Perhaps 政府 can consider child care leave till 12 years old?

Yes, they should seriously consider this.... My company voluntarily extend it till 12 and I feel that it makes absolute sense... You have different set of requirements when kids are in primary school. eg. meet the teachers, preparation for exams, etc.... Govt should seriously consider that why only up to 6????

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby Pen88n » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:13 am

Actually I think Sec Sch kids also need that - need to see teachers, take care of them when they are sick, have parent-child bonding.......teens need lots of parental attention too!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:16 am

MMM wrote:

Yes, they should seriously consider this.... My company voluntarily extend it till 12 and I feel that it makes absolute sense... You have different set of requirements when kids are in primary school. eg. meet the teachers, preparation for exams, etc.... Govt should seriously consider that why only up to 6????

My employer offers extended childcare leave too. For those with kids below age 7, it's the standard 6 days we all know about. For kids from 7 to 12, my employer is offering 5 days per kid, for up to 3 kids. In this extended 5 days childcare leave, 2 of which are to be supported by mc or medical appt letter. I think it is nice of the employer. Give up to 3 kids, shows it's support for govt's drive to get Singaporeans to have more kids.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:22 am

Imami wrote:
MMM wrote:

My employer offers extended childcare leave too. For those with kids below age 7, it's the standard 6 days we all know about. For kids from 7 to 12, my employer is offering 5 days per kid, for up to 3 kids. In this extended 5 days childcare leave, 2 of which are to be supported by mc or medical appt letter. I think it is nice of the employer. Give up to 3 kids, shows it's support for govt's drive to get Singaporeans to have more kids.

Per kid??? No, we don't have it per kid. The threshold is based on the youngest child's age.

But my company does offer dependent sick leave (which applies to my parents too). Like our usual medical leave so that is a good gesture as well.

Hope to see my companies exercising such gesture.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time