Is this action correct?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Is this action correct?

Postby atutor2001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:40 pm

Heard a story today :

A teacher stopped a student running along the school corridor. The student explained that he was going to be late for his exam. The teacher gave him a lecture before releasing him, reminding him to walk.

Hope to have your view on :
1. Is the teacher's action ok?
2. Would you do the same if you were the teacher, if not what would you do?

This is a real incident.

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby tankee » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:50 pm

being late is no excuse for ignoring safety

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:02 pm

atutor2001 wrote:Heard a story today :

A teacher stopped a student running along the school corridor. The student explained that he was going to be late for his exam. The teacher gave him a lecture before releasing him, reminding him to walk.

Hope to have your view on :
1. Is the teacher's action ok?
2. Would you do the same if you were the teacher, if not what would you do?

This is a real incident.


my opinion :

1) the teacher is not wrong, running along corridor is dangerous as one may fall or bump onto someone and cause both to fall.. regardless of the reason, students should not run along corridor...

2) i might do the same, stop him first, telling him to watch out for his own safety.. but will not "lecture" as it sounds like very long delay...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby 3Boys » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:35 pm

To use a cliche...

Better late than dead.

Lesson worth learning.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby atutor2001 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:42 pm

verykiasumummy wrote:... but will not "lecture" as it sounds like very long delay...
This is actually what had happened.

The boy dashed off ignoring the teacher's reminder. He told his mum that luckily the teacher didn't give chase or he would have bashed him up at that moment.

This is the boy's side of the story which the "teacher" was not aware.

It was first day of A level. The boy went to the location where he took his prelim paper 15 minutes before time. He had assumed that the sitting arrangement would remain the same. To his embarrassment, the arrangement was not the same and some of his friends were giggling when they saw him at the wrong place. After checking with the invigilator he was directed to another location. He head for the new place immediately. To his horror, it was wrong again. This time, he checked for the location himself and he had only about 5 mins left. He ran to the correct place, only to be stopped by the teacher (who doesn't know the earlier events) along the way. The teacher delayed him further and when he reached the correct place, exam had just started.

I find this incident quite interesting as have I learnt a number of lessons on behaviour between adult and children, teacher and student.

atutor2001
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1305
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:08 pm
Total Likes: 6



Re: Is this action correct?

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:00 pm

atutor2001 wrote:
verykiasumummy wrote:... but will not "lecture" as it sounds like very long delay...
This is actually what had happened.

The boy dashed off ignoring the teacher's reminder. He told his mum that luckily the teacher didn't give chase or he would have bashed him up at that moment.

This is the boy's side of the story which the "teacher" was not aware.

It was first day of A level. The boy went to the location where he took his prelim paper 15 minutes before time. He had assumed that the sitting arrangement would remain the same. To his embarrassment, the arrangement was not the same and some of his friends were giggling when they saw him at the wrong place. After checking with the invigilator he was directed to another location. He head for the new place immediately. To his horror, it was wrong again. This time, he checked for the location himself and he had only about 5 mins left. He ran to the correct place, only to be stopped by the teacher (who doesn't know the earlier events) along the way. The teacher delayed him further and when he reached the correct place, exam had just started.

I find this incident quite interesting as have I learnt a number of lessons on behaviour between adult and children, teacher and student.


this boy is on the whole - sway on that day... lol...

i still think that no matter who, even if not teacher, will still stop him to remind him of safety.. but of cos once they know the reason, they should let him go instead of "lecture" him to keep him longer...

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby 3Boys » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:08 pm

The boy is just acting in the way that unwise, impulsive young boys act. We've all been there, just need to mature along the way.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5014
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby Daddy D » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah... wait till he go NS and wake up his idea.
Hope the parents never report police though...
:yikes:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby verykiasumummy » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:17 pm

Daddy D wrote:Yeah... wait till he go NS and wake up his idea.
Hope the parents never report police though...
:yikes:


u r reminding us of hair-cut mum....

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

verykiasumummy
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2050
Joined: Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:10 pm
Total Likes: 27


Re: Is this action correct?

Postby Daddy D » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:20 pm

I think nowadays the mentality is... kids taking exams are KINGS/QUEENS.
Pls lor... :faint:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2745
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3


Next

Return to Recess Time