Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby WonderingWhy » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:43 pm

Dear Parents who is going through P1 registration 2013,

Recently I have attended my boy P1 Registration, only to realize that there was a change of Principal, VP and even a group of teachers. I am really upset when I heard that the school has announced 5 teachers who will be leaving soon. When I go around gossiping, I was shocked that more than 15 teachers will be leaving once the posting results are out. How can the turnover rate be that high! Especially in just one year! When I go around and ask other parents and even parents from other school, I understand that the school management had received a D in their climate survey and what made me angry to hear was that the climate survey has no impact of the P and VPs. I have an elder boy(P4) in the same school but when I asked him to name me some teachers in the school magazine, he cannot name them at all.

I believe when I was young, I could at least name half the teachers in the school. I am getting worried by this high turnover rate of this school. How can this school show any care with so many young teachers? and seriously I am planning to move both my boys out from this school and hope that MOE can reveal the posting of the teachers before the P1 registration. Do let us know if your school is ok for my children.

I hope parents out there can share using private message which schools are having the same problem, especially in the west. Kudos to you.

WonderingWhy
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:20 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby buds » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:48 pm


buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22681
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby buds » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:54 pm

We have faced the same issues of teachers being transferred out of the children's schools mostly because they were promoted. Hence, though it was an extreme loss to us and the school... we only had well-wishes for them for like any normal person, a promotion is a good thing. It is selfish to ask of them to deny opportunities to grow and pursue greater heights in their career. My children's school had their Principal and a very extraordinary teacher move out to a school in the west. Heard that it was because it was a new school and they were transferred / promoted to fill up the positions for experienced teachers. :( This year another two senior teachers informed via our children that they were leaving too.... and to that same new school in the west!

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22681
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:15 pm

Kudos to you guys tracking teachers. I don't even know who my son's teachers are :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby buds » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:19 pm

Only for teachers who made great differences in our children's lives. :please:

For the CMI ones, farewell my love. :torchme:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 22681
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 3:21 am
Total Likes: 84



Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby janet88 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 6:41 pm

buds wrote:Only for teachers who made great differences in our children's lives. :please:


:goodpost:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33765
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby jedamum » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:46 pm

Wa,which west school so good to receive these good teachers?

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor
 
Posts: 8517
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:58 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby tankee » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:32 pm

buds wrote:We have faced the same issues of teachers being transferred out of the children's schools mostly because they were promoted. Hence, though it was an extreme loss to us and the school... we only had well-wishes for them for like any normal person, a promotion is a good thing. It is selfish to ask of them to deny opportunities to grow and pursue greater heights in their career. My children's school had their Principal and a very extraordinary teacher move out to a school in the west. Heard that it was because it was a new school and they were transferred / promoted to fill up the positions for experienced teachers. :( This year another two senior teachers informed via our children that they were leaving too.... and to that same new school in the west!



And retirement too

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: Can we have a Principals/Teachers Update in this forum?

Postby Imami » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:35 pm

jedamum wrote:Wa,which west school so good to receive these good teachers?

I guess, I guess! Frontier? Or westwood/west ville (dun really remember the name).

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 10839
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:04 pm
Total Likes: 36



Return to Recess Time