Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

KKH apologises for baby swap incident

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby hellokittyspore » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:26 pm

I believe this could be human error due to carelessness of the nurse and parents.

For both my children, I remember the nurse started to tag my child with my name tag and requested me to verify before sending to the nursery. Upon discharged, the nurse will also requested me to verify the child's name tag before she made me sign on a form and release the child to me.

Even though my children are not born in KKH but when I read through the forum, I noticed that some parents from KKH do feedback that the nurses do verify with them upon discharged in the past.
hellokittyspore
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 2:10 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby 3Boys » Thu Nov 22, 2012 10:56 am

Daddy D wrote:
3Boys wrote:He's dissing the staff, not the parents.

U want to start another thread war is it?
If I am going write all my views on all parties, it will take more than a paragraph and waste a lot of my time.
Use some common sense when u read post next time.
So chill lah.

We cannot agree to disagree.
:faint:


Whatever....

According to you, every failing in human society is attributable to resident aliens, from global warming to hurricane Sandy. Your first reaction to the baby swop is that there is a foreign nurse involved, completely ignoring the fact that they are such an integral part of our healthcare system all the way from the trainee nurses to top surgeons (including the guy that did the liver-kidney transplant for a SINGAPOREAN a few months back).

I have an aversion to narrow minded knee jerk xenophobia, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts.

If there is a a war, it is of your own making.

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5034
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby Daddy D » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:02 am

3Boys wrote:
Daddy D wrote:
3Boys wrote:He's dissing the staff, not the parents.

U want to start another thread war is it?
If I am going write all my views on all parties, it will take more than a paragraph and waste a lot of my time.
Use some common sense when u read post next time.
So chill lah.

We cannot agree to disagree.
:faint:


Whatever....

According to you, every failing in human society is attributable to resident aliens, from global warming to hurricane Sandy. Your first reaction to the baby swop is that there is a foreign nurse involved, completely ignoring the fact that they are such an integral part of our healthcare system all the way from the trainee nurses to top surgeons (including the guy that did the liver-kidney transplant for a SINGAPOREAN a few months back).

I have an aversion to narrow minded knee jerk xenophobia, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts.

If there is a a war, it is of your own making.


Whatever lor...
According to you... Everyone who post a different view is narrow minded, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts too.

*amused u actually managed to dig up my post, thought it was buried 9 feet deep Liao... :razz:

Daddy D
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2755
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby keroppi » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:13 am

Mawar wrote:
Imami wrote:
Imp75 wrote:My hubby says if it happens, we will just accept it, our child has been with us for 8 years, so what if it is a mistake, the child will forever be our child, nothing should change this.

I wanted to say something like this earlier but decided to skip the "submit" button...

Yup, I was thinking - so what if this one at home is not mine own flesh and blood? It won't change how I feel about him. After four years, he is mine child through and through. And for him, I am his mum. The only thing that changes is - I would always be thinking about that baby whom I have given birth to...how is he doing? Where is he? Are his parents loving him like I love this one at home?


Same thoughts. Will continue to love the one at home but will always be wondering about the one out there.


Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby Lilac66 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:18 am

keroppi wrote:
Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...


:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Must be coz the bundles you brought home then were so cute you didn't bother to check..

Lilac66
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 pm
Total Likes: 21



Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby Sun_2010 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 am

keroppi wrote: Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

Fat chance! :evil:

Anyway someone has conned you . There is no such thing as quite obedient, filial children. If they were , they would be called robots. :laugh:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Total Likes: 151


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby mother777 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:22 am

Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...[/quote]

ha ha ha... :rotflmao:
I wish I could do that..
But one look at my 2 kids.. the nurse and doctors will chase us away.. :shrug:

Because.. my DD1 is my carbon copy
And my son is carbon copy of the Dad.. (and ya..at 2years old he likes to smile at all the beautiful ladies in the lift, buses, MRT,etc etc...JUST LIKE DAD I SAY :roll: )

mother777
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby Sun_2010 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:26 am

mother777 wrote: ha ha ha... :rotflmao:
I wish I could do that..
But one look at my 2 kids.. the nurse and doctors will chase us away.. :shrug:

Because.. my DD1 is my carbon copy
And my son is carbon copy of the Dad.. (and ya..at 2years old he likes to smile at all the beautiful ladies in the lift, buses, MRT,etc etc...JUST LIKE DAD I SAY :roll: )

the part in bold...
But dear, that is what all men do :laugh:

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4806
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Total Likes: 151


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby mother777 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:32 am

Ha ha ha..I agree..
recently went somewhere and my boy saw this pretty girl (around 8~9 years old)..
he kept on going to her with big smile and said helloo...for like 7~8 times..

poor girl was so intimidated..she rushed to her mom..and did not leave her side..

I tell my hubby.. that my future will be busy with chasing away all the potential girl friends of my son..because he is such a flirt..

mother777
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
 
Posts: 856
Joined: Thu Jan 13, 2011 2:24 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby 3Boys » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:36 am

Daddy D wrote:
3Boys wrote:
Whatever....

According to you, every failing in human society is attributable to resident aliens, from global warming to hurricane Sandy. Your first reaction to the baby swop is that there is a foreign nurse involved, completely ignoring the fact that they are such an integral part of our healthcare system all the way from the trainee nurses to top surgeons (including the guy that did the liver-kidney transplant for a SINGAPOREAN a few months back).

I have an aversion to narrow minded knee jerk xenophobia, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts.

If there is a a war, it is of your own making.


Whatever lor...
According to you... Everyone who post a different view is narrow minded, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts too.


Actually, I only found it because a reference surfaced on the other thread.

If you actually had a view instead of taking an uninformed dig, it wouldn't be so bad.

Since you deemed it to time consuming to elaborate on your thoughts, one can only infer that your view is that the error was due to the prevalence of foreign nurses, that foreign nurses can't read English, and that therefore they are an undesirable presence.

I only seek to disabuse you of that view point, and if it is narrow in outlook (which it is), then I will say that too.

Feel free to challenge my interpretation of your view, or provide an elaboration of what you really think, IF you feel it worth your time.....

Otherwise..... :shrug:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5034
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


PreviousNext

Return to Recess Time

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres