KKH apologises for baby swap incident

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: KKH apologises for baby swap incident

Postby pirated » Thu Nov 22, 2012 12:27 pm

3Boys wrote:
Daddy D wrote:
3Boys wrote:
Whatever....

According to you, every failing in human society is attributable to resident aliens, from global warming to hurricane Sandy. Your first reaction to the baby swop is that there is a foreign nurse involved, completely ignoring the fact that they are such an integral part of our healthcare system all the way from the trainee nurses to top surgeons (including the guy that did the liver-kidney transplant for a SINGAPOREAN a few months back).

I have an aversion to narrow minded knee jerk xenophobia, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts.

If there is a a war, it is of your own making.

Whatever lor...
According to you... Everyone who post a different view is narrow minded, so pardon me if I feel the need to challenge your posts too.

Actually, I only found it because a reference surfaced on the other thread.

If you actually had a view instead of taking an uninformed dig, it wouldn't be so bad.

Since you deemed it to time consuming to elaborate on your thoughts, one can only infer that your view is that the error was due to the prevalence of foreign nurses, that foreign nurses can't read English, and that therefore they are an undesirable presence.

I only seek to disabuse you of that view point, and if it is narrow in outlook (which it is), then I will say that too.

Feel free to challenge my interpretation of your view, or provide an elaboration of what you really think, IF you feel it worth your time.....

Otherwise..... :shrug:

Daddy D is just being true to his character. Read enough of him for me to make this suicidal post. Ooops hope I am not fanning a war. If I did, just couldn't help it, blame it on the psle score lah, don't know who got the top score today

pirated
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:17 pm

Lilac66 wrote:
keroppi wrote:
Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Must be coz the bundles you brought home then were so cute you didn't bother to check..

Actually I did check. And to be honest, I was a little disappointed when I first saw my baby. Not his fault, it was mine. But I told myself, he's mine anyway - ugly, dumb or whatever, he is mine.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Thu Nov 22, 2012 2:30 pm

Once took, considered sold..

returns not entertained..

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:53 am

hquek wrote:
jtoh wrote:
phtthp wrote:after this incident, anything can happen ...

what if you give birth to twins but later discharged with 1 child missing, because the other child is ... stolen by crime syndicate (sell babies, someone disguised as nurse able to sneak into the baby nursery room) ?

Then you run into the nursery, grab a baby and yell "Don't care. I gave both to two and I'm leaving with two!!!!!" Then run out. :D

umm, sorry to break the bubble, but I recall distinctly that the nursery door is locked. have to find something to break down the door first.

details details....

jtoh wrote:Darn! Must lie in wait for the nurses to open the door and dash in. And yes, must choose the cutest one - preferably with double eyelids, sharp nose and two dimples. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Will these ones do, jtoh?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:00 am

Mawar wrote:
Imami wrote:
Imp75 wrote:My hubby says if it happens, we will just accept it, our child has been with us for 8 years, so what if it is a mistake, the child will forever be our child, nothing should change this.

I wanted to say something like this earlier but decided to skip the "submit" button...

Yup, I was thinking - so what if this one at home is not mine own flesh and blood? It won't change how I feel about him. After four years, he is mine child through and through. And for him, I am his mum. The only thing that changes is - I would always be thinking about that baby whom I have given birth to...how is he doing? Where is he? Are his parents loving him like I love this one at home?

Same thoughts. Will continue to love the one at home but will always be wondering about the one out there.

keroppi wrote:Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

Keroppi! This is too funny! :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

I sure can relate to that... especially when one of mine was so tiny she measured only slightly longer than our wrist (being slightly premature)! But now can be so soo sooo.... :frustrated:

But hey, since there's no return policy... just gotta keep at it so that we can reap better 'returns' from this policy. :evil:

Does your morphed monster look as cute as this?

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Twinkies » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:38 am

:rahrah:
keroppi wrote:
Mawar wrote:
Imami wrote:I wanted to say something like this earlier but decided to skip the "submit" button...

Yup, I was thinking - so what if this one at home is not mine own flesh and blood? It won't change how I feel about him. After four years, he is mine child through and through. And for him, I am his mum. The only thing that changes is - I would always be thinking about that baby whom I have given birth to...how is he doing? Where is he? Are his parents loving him like I love this one at home?

Same thoughts. Will continue to love the one at home but will always be wondering about the one out there.

Interesting, it seems like we are the opposites. I was just telling DH if there's any way we can check with the hospital if the monsters at home (yes, they have morphed from the cute little bundles we brought home) could be a swapping mistake. Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

Hi, Keroppi.

How shall I put it... It's the Thanksgiving afternoon over my side, an lazy afternoon otherwise... but your post brought me the joyous laughters of the day, your humorous post had just made my Thanksgiving day. Thanks, my humorous fellow member, best regards.

Twinkies
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby pirate » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:02 pm

keroppi wrote:Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

Being obedient is an indication that we should take DD's temperature.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MR06 » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:17 am

pirate wrote:
keroppi wrote:Our real (obedient, filial) children could be somewhere out there ...

Being obedient is an indication that we should take DD's temperature.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: Be sure the thermometer you bought is not pirated.... Got to have some confidence in it's reading.

MR06
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby jtoh » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 am

buds wrote:
hquek wrote:
jtoh wrote:
Then you run into the nursery, grab a baby and yell "Don't care. I gave both to two and I'm leaving with two!!!!!" Then run out. :D

umm, sorry to break the bubble, but I recall distinctly that the nursery door is locked. have to find something to break down the door first.

details details....

jtoh wrote:Darn! Must lie in wait for the nurses to open the door and dash in. And yes, must choose the cutest one - preferably with double eyelids, sharp nose and two dimples. :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Will these ones do, jtoh?

I don't want angmo kids. Very difficult to explain why they look so different from me. Sure giveaway that they were snatched from the hospital. :D

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Previous

Return to Recess Time

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres