Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

End of the World in 2012

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby concern2 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:41 am

Another Mayan calendar has been found, and today isn't the last day. :laugh:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324711

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4900
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:18 pm
Total Likes: 29


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby ChiefKiasu » Fri Dec 21, 2012 1:47 pm

concern2 wrote:Another Mayan calendar has been found, and today isn't the last day. :laugh:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324711


Darn. Looks like I still have to go teach my 7pm class tonight then :rant:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15425
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 328


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby Lilac66 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:20 pm

I thought I could stop revising the work with my DS for good...sigh.... back to work.

Lilac66
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 pm
Total Likes: 21


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby Joule » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:39 pm

I heard of a guy that maxed out his credit cards, quit his job, sold his house and had a whale of a time

too bad 2012 didn't end the world

good luck to that guy

Joule
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby raysusan » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Joule wrote:I heard of a guy that maxed out his credit cards, quit his job, sold his house and had a whale of a time

too bad 2012 didn't end the world

good luck to that guy

In Singapore?

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm
Total Likes: 6



Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby BigDevil » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

concern2 wrote:Another Mayan calendar has been found, and today isn't the last day. :laugh:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324711

Hang ah...saw this and stopped myself sending out the...um...not-too-nice email I wrote to my boss. :sweat:

BigDevil
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor
 
Posts: 9311
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:30 pm
Total Likes: 31


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby 3Boys » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:30 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
concern2 wrote:Another Mayan calendar has been found, and today isn't the last day. :laugh:

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/324711


Darn. Looks like I still have to go teach my 7pm class tonight then :rant:

Will have a glass in your honor, Chief. :wink:

3Boys
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5034
Joined: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:28 pm
Total Likes: 220


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby Joule » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:37 pm

raysusan wrote:
Joule wrote:I heard of a guy that maxed out his credit cards, quit his job, sold his house and had a whale of a time

too bad 2012 didn't end the world

good luck to that guy

In Singapore?


singapore. colleague of a friend... apparently some people really do believe in it

Joule
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:45 pm
Total Likes: 2


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby Pen88n » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:58 pm

Lilac66 wrote:I thought I could stop revising the work with my DS for good...sigh.... back to work.

Cher, my DS has already reminded me about the Mayan predicting end of the world this year before his PSLE last year - his attempt to get out of revision by stating that nothing else matters cos the world is coming to an end......soon!

Pen88n
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4390
Joined: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:26 am
Total Likes: 75


Re: End of the World in 2012

Postby Lilac66 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:09 pm

Pen88n wrote:
Lilac66 wrote:I thought I could stop revising the work with my DS for good...sigh.... back to work.

Cher, my DS has already reminded me about the Mayan predicting end of the world this year before his PSLE last year - his attempt to get out of revision by stating that nothing else matters cos the world is coming to an end......soon!


Penn !!! Looong time no see.

Your DS and I... arhhh....what can I say other than the classic cliche " Great minds think alike"! :wink:

Lilac66
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2716
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:25 pm
Total Likes: 21


PreviousNext

Return to Recess Time

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres