Tribute to ex-forummers

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Tribute to ex-forummers

Postby iRabbit » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:27 am

KSP culture has evolved since it started. Used to have [pioneer] members eloquently writing long posts for sharing. There used to be those games too, once I even took leave just to play one of the guessing photo games bcos ksi invited me (can't believe I did that, keke).

Many pioneer members have since moved on, replaced by newer ones with different mix. Nowadays the sharing is more short-burst, but still valuable.

Feeling rather nostalgic this wet lazy Sunday afternoon, could I start by listing the first forummer I missed? *sob sob*

Tamarind
I pm her even before my ds went P1; was quite taken aback she was so selfless in her sharing towards a complete stranger. The thing I really appreciated was, her recommendations were not only linguistically excellent, they frequently included moral teaching in the stories as well. Today I'm relieved that ds has reaped the benefits of those books. So thank you, Tamarind.

Lai, lai, lai, come share who you guys missed most. Don't always talk about politics, registration priority, DSA. Too much of these things will make us quarrel only. Let's indulged in nostalgia (it can be emotional, I can tell you that).

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Tribute to ex-forummers

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:48 am

I miss insider and her sharing about life in general. She has a wealth of experience and reading her posts made me feel as if I still have a long way of living to do, in a good way. She's probably not much older than me but she's definitely wiser.

I used to follow her posts. She was generous in her sharing and I always manage to learn something, even when the situation does not apply to me.
Last edited by SAHM_TAN on Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:51 am

Lucky Tamarind has a blog. I love the Chi dictionary that she recommended and most of the storybooks. I post most becos I don't buy those with HYPY heehee.

I didn't know abt J&P bks till I read her posts on KSP. I have never thank her for her sharing. Definitely helped my kids in their literacy journey.

Oh ya, I get to know abt dang dang thru her posts as well. The info opened up a whole new shopping experience for chi books. First time I wanted so much for an online company to accept my credit card :rotflmao: I even persuaded my dh to apply for a new one so that the payment process will be smoother :rotflmao:

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby laughingcat » Sun Dec 16, 2012 2:23 pm

I too missed Tamarind! :please:

I missed her sharing on Chinese perspective.

Tamarind, if you are reading this please comes back. :pray:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iRabbit » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:01 pm

SAHM_TAN wrote:I miss insider and her sharing about life in general. She has a wealth of experience and reading her posts made me feel as if I still have a long way of living to do, in a good way. She's probably not much older than me but she's definitely wiser.

I used to follow her posts. She was generous in her sharing and I always manage to learn something, even when the situation does not apply to me.

I remember insider too. She's the one with an extremely understanding and tolerant outlook of life rite? What struck me is her patience. She'll painstakingly explain her views across during debates.

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:29 pm

FQW wrote:
SAHM_TAN wrote:I miss insider and her sharing about life in general. She has a wealth of experience and reading her posts made me feel as if I still have a long way of living to do, in a good way. She's probably not much older than me but she's definitely wiser.

I remember insider too. She's the one with an extremely understanding and tolerant outlook of life rite? What struck me is her patience. She'll painstakingly explain her views across during debates.

For lack of a better word. I find her very zen and very decisive.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Imami » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm

It is very strange but I missed vk2010! Each time I sense hostility in the postings, or some arguments among the members I thought of him and wondered what would he do.

Whenever there is political issues or current affairs, I wonder what his views are....

Another one whom I miss but I am not very sure if he has left - way2go.

Actually those of us who are at least 6 months old in ksp and who checks the threads everyday would notice, many old members are posting lesser and lesser - fighting mom, Chen, nebbermind...

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iRabbit » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:48 pm

It's not strange at all, I miss vk2010 too. His posts mabbe brash sometimes, but he's definitely someone with principle. Some more he's the resident MO and NY/RJ expert, and provided a wealth of useful information to many of us.

And his play with words is simply no-horse-run.
Last edited by iRabbit on Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby iRabbit » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:51 pm

I think 3b misses w2g most. Bcos nowadays got no one to argue with him. :duck:

iRabbit
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:15 pm

FQW wrote: I remember insider too. She's the one with an extremely understanding and tolerant outlook of life rite? What struck me is her patience. She'll painstakingly explain her views across during debates.

oh, I thought insider is a dad! :oops:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time