Relief teacher charged with sexual offences with 13yr o girl

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Relief teacher charged with sexual offences with 13yr o girl

Postby tankee » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Another one ....

SINGAPORE: A relief teacher with a secondary school has been charged with five counts of sexual offences with a 13-year-old girl.

It is not known if the girl is a student at the school as the court document and police did not indicate as such.

The 26-year-old allegedly had sex with the girl twice in 2011, in March and sometime between May and June. They had sex at his flat and at a staircase landing of Loyang Point.

He is also accused of having oral sex with the girl at the same staircase landing in March 2011.

In addition, he allegedly touched her private parts and allowed her to touch him at a block in Tampines in March 2011.

He is also believed to have sexually abused her on another occasion in March at the same block in Tampines.

Both the teacher and the student cannot be named due to a gag order.

- CNA/lp

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/ ... 01/1/.html

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Relief teacher charged with sexual offences with 13yr o

Postby Angelight » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:36 pm

When I watched this news on tv, I was quite pissed off. What had happened to our moral values? When have schools become such an unsafe place? Male teacher having sex with female student; female teacher having sex with male student...this is becoming a crazy society!

As a mother of a little girl, I worry for her, for the kind of eroding social and moral values in a world she is growing up in. Yes, I can teach her the right values in life but when she steps into the outside world, I cannot control the kind of influences that may affect her. Will my teachings stand her in good stead, that she will be strong enough to reject immoral influences? I cannot know. And it worries me. Because now, it seems that schools are no longer a safe haven for our kids.

tankee wrote:Another one ....

SINGAPORE: A relief teacher with a secondary school has been charged with five counts of sexual offences with a 13-year-old girl.

It is not known if the girl is a student at the school as the court document and police did not indicate as such.

The 26-year-old allegedly had sex with the girl twice in 2011, in March and sometime between May and June. They had sex at his flat and at a staircase landing of Loyang Point.

He is also accused of having oral sex with the girl at the same staircase landing in March 2011.

In addition, he allegedly touched her private parts and allowed her to touch him at a block in Tampines in March 2011.

He is also believed to have sexually abused her on another occasion in March at the same block in Tampines.

- CNA/lp

Angelight
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby AdonciaTang » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:53 pm

Angelight wrote:When I watched this news on tv, I was quite pissed off. What had happened to our moral values? When have schools become such an unsafe place? Male teacher having sex with female student; female teacher having sex with male student...this is becoming a crazy society!

As a mother of a little girl, I worry for her, for the kind of eroding social and moral values in a world she is growing up in. Yes, I can teach her the right values in life but when she steps into the outside world, I cannot control the kind of influences that may affect her. Will my teachings stand her in good stead, that she will be strong enough to reject immoral influences? I cannot know. And it worries me. Because now, it seems that schools are no longer a safe haven for our kids.

- CNA/lp

I agree with you. For girls, its more worrying. Sometimes I dont understand what the teachers are teaching, its really terrible. This is also the reason why my sister don trust guy tutors with my nieces.

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:01 am

I have been teaching my DS since P3 that private parts are PRIVATE. Nobody is allowed to touch them. If anybody try to touch his private parts, he is supposed to run, leave everything behind (including our house if the perpetrator is a tutor), take staircase instead of waiting for lift, and wait for us in public area where there are other people around. The world has gone mad that we can't trust people too much.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:25 am

I wonder how this case was discovered.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:44 am

No Greater Shame
by Catherine Lim

Many years ago, I was at a cocktail party where a Singaporean gentleman was regaling us with an astonishing tale that was more than the usual risqué stuff induced by a generous flow of wine.

He was telling us about a friend of his who was regularly enticed by a special attraction of a brothel in Bangkok—the provision of young virgins who actually provided proof of their pristine state, in the form of a virginity certificate signed by two doctors! This was the unfailing lure for hundreds of sex tourists from Japan and other Asian countries that still held to the old traditional belief about how the ageing yang could be revived, even strengthened, by fresh, untouched ying.

In the course of his lively story-telling, after his sixth glass of wine, the gentleman narrator, obviously without realising it, began to use the personal pronoun ‘I’ instead of the third person ‘he’, thereby revealing that it was he himself, not the fictional friend, who had been frequenting the Bangkok brothel.

He described an experience that everyone listened to with intense interest, including myself.

So there he was, well-known businessman, respected member of his community and father of two school-going children, on one of his secret visits to Bangkok that his wife believed to be purely business trips. Upon entering his hotel room, he was, as usual, offered a virgin who came with the necessary certification. She looked no more than fourteen. As usual, he made his demand of having her in the room with him for the whole night.

In the middle of the night, he woke up to find that she was no longer beside him on the bed. His first thought was: ‘She’s run away with my Rolex and my wallet,’ but saw that the items were still on the bedside table. Then he noticed that the bathroom door was slightly ajar, and heard soft sounds coming from inside, as of a child singing to herself. He went to investigate, and found, to his astonishment, the girl squatting on the bathroom floor, playing Five Stones, the simple game played by village children who throw the stones high into the air and then try to deftly catch them with one hand. As she played, the girl hummed some native song to herself.

That was the end of the narrator’s story, and everyone laughed uproariously at the quaintness—someone even said ‘cuteness’—of it all. I remember I felt a wave of nausea and anger sweep over me. I saw a child with her childhood brutally stolen from her. She had probably been sold to the hotel by her own parents living in wretched poverty. Confused by her new role but not daring to cry out as her young body was mauled on the bed, she could only think of those five stones hidden in the pocket of her dress. As soon as the ‘Sir’ fell asleep, she got up noiselessly, took the stones out of her dress pocket, went to the bathroom and claimed back some of the stolen childhood.

Many years later, in a novel, I re-created the whole scene, and made my heroine do what I was too cowardly to do then—go up to the storyteller and tell him to his face what I thought of him. ‘You bastard,’ says my heroine. She stalks out of the room, and then realizes no term could suffice to convey what should have been the world’s outrage against the exploitation of the poor, defenceless children on this earth.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ScaredyMum » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:22 am

I teared when I read the above :'(

ScaredyMum
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Desserts » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:46 am

This is really sickening! V heart wrenching to hear stories like that.
I think whether boys or girls, nowadays, the predators can even be mothers themselves, preying on boys, like the 32 yr old female teacher with the sec sch boy. Don't know what they are thinking!
And to go off topic, about the ema case of M Palmer, hope people won't think it's their personal life and it's ok, as long as they serve our citizens well. We don't want to dilute our moral values.

Like ngl2010, I also remind my kids time and again that no one is to touch their private parts.
In buses and trains as well, some sicko will purposely lean against the backs of girls, or purposely brush against their front.

Desserts
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Dreamaurora » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:27 pm

Tricking young students into sexual favours is really really bad and I worry for my boy when he grows up. I think the law needs to be harsher on these people and I fully support death penalty for these sexual predators.

Dreamaurora
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pinky » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:11 pm

makes me feel like schools have become the hunting ground for these sickos
:scared: :nailbite:

pinky
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time