General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Construction workers in Yishun demand pay, refuse to work

Postby Oppsgal » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:06 pm

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Construction workers in Yishun demand pay, refuse to wor

Postby Fairy » Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:06 pm

This time (compared to the SMRT case), I am on the workers' side. It's obviously a case of the 'rich' & powerful bullying the poor & the helpless. It's interesting how MOM had responded to the workers' plea for assistance! Sigh... :sad:

Fairy
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby raysusan » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:31 pm

I feel sorry for those workers. Hope they get their pay and the greedy gets the punishment.

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:41 am

raysusan wrote:I feel sorry for those workers. Hope they get their pay and the greedy gets the punishment.

Hope so too.

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:55 pm

According to the list of contractors in the Building & Construction Authority's website, Sime Chong Construction Pte Ltd is a small construction company registered only for "Minor Construction Works" with a tender limit of up to $650,000 (CR01 - the lowest level). It is thus likely to be only a minor sub-contractor or even sub-sub-contractor. It's UEN No. 201129041M shows that it was only incorporated in 2011 (most likely the later part of the year due to its high reg no. 29041).

It does not appear to be much more established than your typical HDB renovation contractor. I seriously doubt that the boss belongs to the description of 'rich & powerful'.

Let's not start a class war or anti-government tirade over every little company, ok?

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:32 am

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winchester » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:00 am

pirate wrote:According to the list of contractors in the Building & Construction Authority's website, Sime Chong Construction Pte Ltd is a small construction company registered only for "Minor Construction Works" with a tender limit of up to $650,000 (CR01 - the lowest level). It is thus likely to be only a minor sub-contractor or even sub-sub-contractor. It's UEN No. 201129041M shows that it was only incorporated in 2011 (most likely the later part of the year due to its high reg no. 29041).

It does not appear to be much more established than your typical HDB renovation contractor. I seriously doubt that the boss belongs to the description of 'rich & powerful'.

Let's not start a class war or anti-government tirade over every little company, ok?

good point. most ppl are employees, and don't know the sme industries and the difficulties they face. not that all smes are exploitative manipulative, but some generally have problems.

winchester
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time