Embargoed/Blocked Users and Service Providers

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:320

Re: Embargoed/Blocked Users and Service Providers

Post by ChiefKiasu » Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:30 pm

The rules are very simple, and not any different from most other forums. Simply put, there must be no soliciting for business outside of the Buy and Sell Forums.

- If you repeatedly post commercial emails outside of the Buy and Sell Forums, your account will be banned.

- If you post the same message across multiple subforums, this is considered as spam. Your account will be immediately banned.

- If you have one-off events you can post it in the Happenings subforum, but if you post normal schedules in the Happenings subforum, you will be banned.

What constitutes "commercial" posts?
- Posting of your contact information, ie. email addresses, web addresses, telephone numbers inviting others to contact you for business.

As for regular members, please do NOT post requests for tutors in our main forums. Post them in the Help Wanted subforums instead. That will save our moderators a lot of time moving those posts for you.

iwork
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by iwork » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:40 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:The rules are very simple, and not any different from most other forums. Simply put, there must be no soliciting for business outside of the Buy and Sell Forums.

- If you repeatedly post commercial emails outside of the Buy and Sell Forums, your account will be banned.

- If you post the same message across multiple subforums, this is considered as spam. Your account will be immediately banned.

- If you have one-off events you can post it in the Happenings subforum, but if you post normal schedules in the Happenings subforum, you will be banned.

- Posting of your contact information, ie. email addresses, web addresses, telephone numbers inviting others to contact you for business.

As for regular members, please do NOT post requests for tutors in our main forums. Post them in the Help Wanted subforums instead. That will save our moderators a lot of time moving those posts for you.

Thank you for the explanation.

I will however, still think that there should be communication to the users before sudden banning or termination of accounts. You should allow people to explain!

KSP had invited a lot of parents to the forum, and hence there might be a lot of service providers trying to sell their services.

The strict rules will deter the commercial or business entities to think twice before their posting, but on the other hand, I will think that 'individual' should be given the chance to undo their actions as they might not be aware of the impact of the posting.

Sometimes, you can know whether the member is doing it unconsciously, not knowing that they have broken the rules by looking at the past posting that they are contributing and the comments from other users.

JE Educational College
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by JE Educational College » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:22 pm

Sorry, one more question. Can forum members "bump" their threads? If so, how frequent is it allowed?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
Total Likes:320

Post by ChiefKiasu » Thu Nov 27, 2014 4:44 pm

The following company has been placed on our Blocked List for spamming and sending unsolicited PMs to our users:

Ray See
My Tuition Place (Serangoon)
=>mytuitionplace.com.sg
=>enquiries@mytuitionplace.com.sg

cchansp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by cchansp » Mon Sep 28, 2015 10:56 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:The rules are very simple, and not any different from most other forums. Simply put, there must be no soliciting for business outside of the Buy and Sell Forums.

I didn't know this but I think it is good to have guidelines for forums.
Is there a place where this is told to people when they sign up? Just a thought because I didn't realise it until i was browsing through the different topics on the forum.

hello77
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hello77 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 10:32 pm

I think the first post needs to be updated.

Summation
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by Summation » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:52 pm

Is this thread still being monitored? And what if they just created another account to do the same thing?

charlotte_mason
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by charlotte_mason » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:45 pm

Ohhh that is pretty interesting to find such thread

darknite84
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by darknite84 » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:52 pm

I'm trying so hard to post 50 post to go in to check on the mindchamps subject. Cause I am interested in sending my DD to mindchamps and i want to know why it was move to rants!!!!