Adoption

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Adoption

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 7:47 pm

Hi Parents, just want to know your views on Adoptions? I have been trying for a daughter but I cant and I am not young anymore. I am thinking of adopting a girl and want to know more about how you guys feel about adoption>??

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Adoption

Postby tankee » Sun Dec 30, 2012 8:47 pm

as long as both you and your spouse are prepared to love the adopted child as your own, regardless whether the child is healthy or needs medical attention, nice or naughty ..... why not?

tankee
Site Admin

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:31 pm

tankee wrote:as long as both you and your spouse are prepared to love the adopted child as your own, regardless whether the child is healthy or needs medical attention, nice or naughty ..... why not?

I was thinking of adopting a girl that I know in church. She has nobody and her parents died in a car crash. She is 8 this year. Advisable to do it?

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:33 pm

if you and your family can provide her love and comfort, and treat her as your own, why not?

do bear in mind it will not be easy, and there will be bumps along the way and years ahead.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:38 pm

tankee wrote:if you and your family can provide her love and comfort, and treat her as your own, why not?

do bear in mind it will not be easy, and there will be bumps along the way and years ahead.

Definitely so. I am just afraid she wont love us as much as we would put in our love for her. Afterall she is alrdy 8 and is big enough to know alot of things. She knows her parents died in a car crash and she still manage to live on which I think is really brave of her. I am just torn between 2 choices, either her or a newborn

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby tankee » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:47 pm

I may be mean but IMHO if you have such doubts or worry, then you should not adopt her, for that matter, any other child.

tankee
Site Admin

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:59 pm

tankee wrote:I may be mean but IMHO if you have such doubts or worry, then you should not adopt her, for that matter, any other child.

Its ok. I will readily love whoever My DH and I are going to adopt for sure. Will definitely look into my doubts

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:43 pm

AdonciaTang wrote:
tankee wrote:as long as both you and your spouse are prepared to love the adopted child as your own, regardless whether the child is healthy or needs medical attention, nice or naughty ..... why not?

I was thinking of adopting a girl that I know in church. She has nobody and her parents died in a car crash. She is 8 this year. Advisable to do it?

Do you have kids of your own? If so, you have to talk to them to explain your decision, and ask them for their views which you should take into account seriously.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:58 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
AdonciaTang wrote:

Do you have kids of your own? If so, you have to talk to them to explain your decision, and ask them for their views which you should take into account seriously.

Hi ChiefKiasu. My two DS would love to have a younger sister! Just that my DH and I initially were thinking of adopting a newborn. Then this little girl came along. She looks so sweet and adorable but her parents died in a car crash. And DH and I were also discussing if we should adopt her instead and we are willing to share our family love with her. But I just donno if we should because she is old enough and what if one day she walks out on us. Thats my fear. As far as I am concerned, my family is willing to share our love with her.

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: All Ready for school year 2013 to start?

Postby AdonciaTang » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:59 pm

znzyzyzx wrote:
limlim wrote:
znzyzyzx wrote:Dont remind me. I have one starting sec 1, one starting P1 in afternoon session, one P3 changing to morning session (which means I have to wake up early to send her to school) and one going to JC1. Luckily the JC1 no change of school , so no need to worry about her.

P1 & JC1 is like 10 years gap.. wow.....

Yalor, big gap. But very good to have a P1 to let me feel young a bit leh.

Haha true true. Was thinking of adopting a young girl too. Have been trying for a daughter but no results.

AdonciaTang
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time