Phone line for student

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Phone line for student

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:31 am

Hi,

Currently my ds is using the phone card but I find that it used up fast and have to keep on topping it.

Thus, appreciate any recommendation for student plan that is reasonable.

Thanks!

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Phone line for student

Postby BlueBells » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:24 pm

I gave a DSs M1 student plans without data. Unlimited SMS.

BlueBells
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 533
Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:00 pm
Total Likes: 18


Re: Phone line for student

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:46 pm

Thanks, Bluebells.

I did asked M1 but they told me that M1 is about $30++ per month is the same as usual plan, except for the unlimited SMS.

I wonder if they're any other cheaper option.

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Phone line for student

Postby Dreamgear » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:50 pm

heyhoe wrote:Thanks, Bluebells.

I did asked M1 but they told me that M1 is about $30++ per month is the same as usual plan, except for the unlimited SMS.

I wonder if they're any other cheaper option.


Singtel have a "Red" plan that rides on a another mobile line plan. its $12 a month plus $5 for caller-ID. The usage and SMS rides on the main line entitlement......

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: Phone line for student

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Thanks, Dreamgear. I'll check this out.

Just out of curiousity, does that means DS and I will share the same number?

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 am
Total Likes: 2



Re: Phone line for student

Postby Rational_Parent » Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:57 pm

I'd the same need some time back but ended up taking the short cut by getting a pre-paid SIM card because of a lack of knowledge about phone line for student.

What are the pros and cons re pre-paid vs plan? Anyone?

Rational_Parent
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Sat Oct 06, 2012 6:51 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: Phone line for student

Postby Dreamgear » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:00 pm

heyhoe wrote:Thanks, Dreamgear. I'll check this out.

Just out of curiousity, does that means DS and I will share the same number?


No, different number....but in same bill. another thing is the 2nd number does not enjoy phone set upgrade

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1269
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:25 am
Total Likes: 11


Re: Phone line for student

Postby heyhoe » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:03 pm

Hi Dreamgear,

Thanks again. I'll check this out. :dancing:

Cheers

heyhoe
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 576
Joined: Fri Feb 01, 2008 11:38 am
Total Likes: 2


Re: Phone line for student

Postby wiimum » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I gave them the Hi card and I find the YO!$18 plan suitable for us.

"For just $18 you get:
FREE incoming calls all day
120 mins of local outgoing calls
1,000 local SMSes
50MB of local data
Value valid for 30 days
Bundled value will roll over if you top up within 30 days."

Actually I paid $17 at a neighbour hood shop(etopup). It caps the usage and encourage responsible usage but the only problem is you must remember to top up after 30 days, otherwise the roll over will be gone!

wiimum
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 201
Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2008 8:27 pm
Total Likes: 3


Re: Phone line for student

Postby pacetone » Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:50 pm

wiimum wrote:I gave them the Hi card and I find the YO!$18 plan suitable for us.

"For just $18 you get:
FREE incoming calls all day
120 mins of local outgoing calls
1,000 local SMSes
50MB of local data
Value valid for 30 days
Bundled value will roll over if you top up within 30 days."

Actually I paid $17 at a neighbour hood shop(etopup). It caps the usage and encourage responsible usage but the only problem is you must remember to top up after 30 days, otherwise the roll over will be gone!


this plan is cheap but "ma fan" must remember to top up every month. Is it from M1?

I pay Singtel youth plan with unlimited SMS for my boys at $39.90/month.

pacetone
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 421
Joined: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:18 pm
Total Likes: 1


Next

Return to Recess Time