Recommendations for Party Planners

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Recommendations for Party Planners

Postby ZacK » Thu Aug 20, 2009 11:54 am

Hi wondering if any parents have any recommendations for good party planners to plan for kid's birthday?

DS1's 6th birthday is coming and so far we only had a party during his 1st birthday. As he would not be seeing his kindergarten classmates after this year, thought may be good to plan a party for him.

So far we have a brochure from Gustos ( www.gustos.com.sg ) ... Their packages range from $21.90/pax to $35.90/pax. Includes room set-up, catered food, host, goodie bags, games etc. Which we thought are ok but looking at other options also.

TIA :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

How about Go go bambini

Postby momoshop » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi Zack

How about Go Go Bambini at Dempsey Hill?
I used to bring my kids to hang out there when I was in SG. of course more expats there, but I see SG kids too and their parties seem fun! Was planning for one when we return SG with the boys!

http://www.gogobambini.com/
:D

momoshop
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ZacK » Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:19 pm

Hi momoshop, thanks for your recommendation. Will certainly look into this and review if it is what we want :) ... Didnt know that such a set-up exist until you mentioned it.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:09 pm

insider wrote:Hi Zack,

Take a look at this:

http://www.singaporeforkids.com/kidscorner/venues.php

Thanks insider for the info... The link has some contacts that we could make our enquiries with :)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:45 pm

Thanks all for the suggestions... We wanted to try go go bambini but they are booked till 27 Sep which is after DS1's birthday.

Managed to find another place offering similar concept at http://www.peekaboo.com.sg/index.php

Will be going down for a look later and will feedback again after DS1's birthday on 12 Sep :)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby momoshop » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:20 pm

ZacK wrote:Thanks all for the suggestions... We wanted to try go go bambini but they are booked till 27 Sep which is after DS1's birthday.

Wow, Bambini is so happening? Then I think i better inquire early for my son's Bday in Oct!

Do update on the eventual venue yah!

momoshop
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ZacK » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:24 pm

momoshop wrote:Wow, Bambini is so happening? Then I think i better inquire early for my son's Bday in Oct!

Do update on the eventual venue yah!

But I think weekdays not so happening... cos I was there last evening, not opened, called them... Not one picked up :roll: ... Only received a notification via email.

Peekaboo at Kallang Leisure Park is under a new mgmt which supposedly was opened by Go Go Bambini sometime early this year.

They had a slot on the day that we wanted and I took it immediately. Will feedback again after the 12 Sep ;)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kaydenbrown » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:27 pm

cool. The place was pretty nice the last time i visited. Perfect for kids.

kaydenbrown
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby ZacK » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:37 pm

kaydenbrown wrote:cool. The place was pretty nice the last time i visited. Perfect for kids.

Hi kayden, are you referring to go go bambini or peekaboo? :? I should think that go go bambini's facility is larger than peekaboo?

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:57 pm

ZacK wrote:Will be going down for a look later and will feedback again after DS1's birthday on 12 Sep :)

DS1 had his party at Peekaboo, Kallang Leisure Dome... Sequence of events for DS1's party:
1. Arrival of invited guests
2. ~ 60min free-play
3. 15-20min organised play
4. 20-30min birthday cake and snacks
5. Free-play (unlimited)

I think this was a good choice for a party venue as it is almost fuss-free, no set-ups required and no clean-ups thereafter. Quite a few of the mummies left their kids with us and went for their afternoon tea and chit chat. Plus point of this location is it is in a mall with eateries, entertainment and supermarket, so parents can choose to stay and "watch" their kids or go for their 2hr "free time" while their kids are "deposited" with us.

The kids certainly had fun, 9/10 of them were drenched from head to torso in their own perspiration from playing in the play structure (Which goes up to 3 levels and is like a mini obstacle course with steps, windy passages, trampoline, ball pool, slide all built into one.) ... Altho our slot ended at 3.30pm, all the parents couldn't bear to ask their kids to leave so allowed them to continue playing, the first guest starting leaving after 4pm and we left the venue close to 5pm after the last of our guests left and all the kids accounted for and handed back to the parents.

We had mini cupcakes and a small cake in Mr Men theme ordered from our own member reirei, didnt get to eat the cupcakes but the small Mr Happy cake was good... Could see the kids enjoyed them very much.

Best part, DS1 who is always clingy to me and very reserved and not so daring... actually went inside the play structure with his friends and had lots of fun with his friends, I didnt have to cajole him this time to join in the fun :D

Overall, we are happy with the choice we made and how things turned out :wink:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time