How to destress?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Re: How to destress?

Post by TheAnswer » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:00 am

Do online shopping.. No peak hour. Can even shop past midnight :)

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:85

Post by Augmum » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:54 pm

limlim wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:
Augmum wrote:Hi five :hi5: yes, be it malls or online shopping....effective way in brightening up my mood.....

Or a walk at the reservoir alone.....feel calm and serene....

hit the malls during off-peak hour. it can be depressing facing the 4 walls everyday.

I find it more depressing dealing with the crowd...... :evil:

Off-peak shopping is a luxury, IMO.... can leisurely shop and walk ard w/o stress..

True.....it is no longer detressing but stressful instead, to shop at peak hrs....
driving round n round to find a parking lot and squeezing oneself among the crowd.... :slapshead:
I will only go during weekdays, off peak hrs.... :smile:

Augmum
Councillor
Councillor
Total Likes:85

Post by Augmum » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:58 pm

TheAnswer wrote:Do online shopping.. No peak hour. Can even shop past midnight :)

That's the beauty part of online shopping, no need to look at the clock...

Or go to Mustafa, can do midnite shopping....:wink:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Post by janet88 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:47 am

Went to Metro on Friday...really shiok. But realize must do my shopping quickly before daughter is dismissed from school...that leaves me with just 2 hours from 10-12pm. If she joins me after school, she will not want to go home (understandable) and that means school homework cannot be completed before weekend starts.

So told mum, if we need breather, do it chop-chop ie fast one.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:27 pm

EchoLin wrote:my way is go out with my best friends, climbing on the top of the moutain, this way can always make me destress.

I am still trying to find time to enjoy chamomile tea with honey (that substance made by BEES) at Canele...the chairs are comfortable and can sink in. Therapy for the brain.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by TheAnswer » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:02 am

janet_lee88 wrote:
EchoLin wrote:my way is go out with my best friends, climbing on the top of the moutain, this way can always make me destress.

I am still trying to find time to enjoy chamomile tea with honey (that substance made by BEES) at Canele...the chairs are comfortable and can sink in. Therapy for the brain.

Maybe include a piece of pastry. That would be perfect.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:04 am

TheAnswer wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:I am still trying to find time to enjoy chamomile tea with honey (that substance made by BEES) at Canele...the chairs are comfortable and can sink in. Therapy for the brain.

Maybe include a piece of pastry. That would be perfect.

thanks for the suggestion...i think i must find time to do this.

peapot
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:7

Post by peapot » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:06 am

Wa...climbing mountain would be very stressful for me.

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:10

Post by Mawar » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:26 am

Breaking my routine works best for me. Before kids, stepping out of Singapore even for a short getaway was the cure.

My stress comes from my workload. If I step away even for a weekend, and immerse myself in other activities, I feel better on Monday. The body may be fatigued but the mind gets a rest.

I have tried retail therapy but it stresses me more. I am not an impulsive or compulsive shopper. So when my girlfriends suggested giving myself a treat, I get additional stress.

I guess it boils down to what your stressors are ie family obligation, financial, deadlines, health etc.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:32 am

Mawar wrote:I have tried retail therapy but it stresses me more. I am not an impulsive or compulsive shopper. So when my girlfriends suggested giving myself a treat, I get additional stress.

I guess it boils down to what your stressors are ie family obligation, financial, deadlines, health etc.

Retail therapy doesn't always work...a lot of times, I find myself going home empty-handed instead. See something nice like blouse, ask myself, do I need it ? Answer is NO. Hand bag ? Also don't need. Lipstick ? I still have.
Bed sheet ? Nah, there is one new set not even washed. So I understand why it can be more stressed using retail therapy.
Aimless walking...but console myself it definitely beats staying at home facing 4 walls.