South Korean's kind gesture generates online buzz

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

South Korean's kind gesture generates online buzz

Postby jtoh » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:44 am

http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-ne ... z-20130208

A pair of white $4 slippers, given spontaneously to a barefoot stranger who boarded a public bus last Saturday, catapulted a South Korean undergraduate into the limelight.

Mr Choi Dae Ho, 22, may be a black belt in taekwondo, but instead it was his gentle act of chivalry that put him at the centre of online buzz.

Despite her initial objections, Mr Choi - who is here on a six-week trip - knelt in front of the old woman, who had teared up by then, took off his own flip-flops and put them gently on her feet.

Speaking through an interpreter yesterday, he told The Straits Times: "It was a small gesture on my part, and it was something I felt I had to do, or I would regret it."

jtoh
Councillor
Councillor

Re: South Korean's kind gesture generates online buzz

Postby SAHM_TAN » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:27 am

His mother would be very proud of her son.

I wonder how did the reporter track him down.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dolphinsiah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:10 am

SAHM_TAN wrote:His mother would be very proud of her son.

I wonder how did the reporter track him down.

Not only his family members/teachers/friends ....the whole South Korean will be proud of him..... :smile:

dolphinsiah
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Flowermonaster » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:30 am

jtoh wrote:http://www.straitstimes.com/breaking-news/singapore/story/south-koreans-kind-gesture-generates-online-buzz-20130208
A pair of white $4 slippers, given spontaneously to a barefoot stranger who boarded a public bus last Saturday, catapulted a South Korean undergraduate into the limelight.
Mr Choi Dae Ho, 22, may be a black belt in taekwondo, but instead it was his gentle act of chivalry that put him at the centre of online buzz.
Despite her initial objections, Mr Choi - who is here on a six-week trip - knelt in front of the old woman, who had teared up by then, took off his own flip-flops and put them gently on her feet.
Speaking through an interpreter yesterday, he told The Straits Times: "It was a small gesture on my part, and it was something I felt I had to do, or I would regret it."

So sweet of him, I am so touched. :love: Now that justify me watching Kdrama even more. :wink:

Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby toddles » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:55 pm

He might have been inspired by the American cop who went and bought this homeless barefooted man a pair of good quality boots in the depths of winter.

toddles
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time