Student Ezlink card

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Student Ezlink card

Postby kamom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:00 am

We are returning SGreans, my kids do not have the student ezlink card and has been paying adult fare. The school only does for P1 and P6 kids but my kids are in neither levels. Is there any where I can have it done?

THANKS!

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Student Ezlink card

Postby slmkhoo » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:32 am

kamom wrote:We are returning SGreans, my kids do not have the student ezlink card and has been paying adult fare. The school only does for P1 and P6 kids but my kids are in neither levels. Is there any where I can have it done?

THANKS!

I did this a few years ago, but the process shouldn't have changed too much. You can call SMRT to double-check the procedure. As far as I recall, I got a form from the school office to certify that the child is in school, then brought the form and the child's BC to a ticket office (has to be one of the bigger ones, I think). I don't think you can collect it on the spot; you have to wait a couple of days.

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kamom » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:15 am

:thankyou:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Mar 08, 2013 6:25 pm

Bring along a passport sized photo (white background) and a photocopy of the birth certificate.

The ticket office is TransitLink Office.

I used to go to Choa Chu Kang bus interchange to replace a missing student ezlink card. The replacement card is collected on the spot. Need to pay an administrative fee and maintain a minimum value for the new card.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kamom » Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:08 pm

THANK YOU.

I got it done at Tiong Bahru MRT station and collected on the spot. Just need to pay $5 to activate it. :smile:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby slmkhoo » Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:06 pm

kamom wrote:THANK YOU.

I got it done at Tiong Bahru MRT station and collected on the spot. Just need to pay $5 to activate it. :smile:

On the spot now? That's good! I'll have to do one formy daughter later this year. By the way, does the photo have to be taken in school uniform?

slmkhoo
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:24 am

:rahrah:

Maybe the administrative fee is for replacement card, not applicable to making new card.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:25 am

slmkhoo wrote:By the way, does the photo have to be taken in school uniform?

So far, I always make sure the photo is in sch uniform. Kiasi kena rejected by the TransitLink staff after the long q :lol:

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby bebebub » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:31 pm

slmkhoo wrote:

On the spot now? That's good! I'll have to do one formy daughter later this year. By the way, does the photo have to be taken in school uniform?

When we came back, the school's instruction was to take the photo wearing school uniform. Not sure if it is the requirement of SMRT.

bebebub
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Mar 11, 2013 3:56 pm

Since we are on this topic, I've some burning questions :

* What must we do if the child misplace their ezlink card? Must we report to police or just go to MRT station to get it done? Are there any specific station for this?
* My kids have this problem where the personal details piece of sticker appear to be falling off from their ezlink card. Think the quality is less than desirable. Can we have it replaced? If so, how and where?

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time