Singapore's Reality

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Singapore's Reality

Postby kiasu_student » Wed Feb 20, 2013 3:37 pm

Singapore has been getting more and more terrible nowadays. The prime minister actually thinks Singapore can accomodate 6.9 million people. At this current stage of around 5 million, the transport and housing system is already out of control. With train breakdowns and getting on fire, the parliament cannot handle the situation now. Some Singaporeans begin to leave the country for a better future, as Singapore is just too competitive. The government ought to reconsider getting 6.9 million people, with half are foreigners. Even the tax suggested to charge foreigners not serving NS is not enough. Singapore kids waste 2 years in NS instead of uni. No amt of money can buy youth that is sacrificed.

kiasu_student
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Re: Singapore's Reality

Postby HVR » Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:24 pm

kiasu_student wrote:Singapore has been getting more and more terrible nowadays. The prime minister actually thinks Singapore can accomodate 6.9 million people. At this current stage of around 5 million, the transport and housing system is already out of control. With train breakdowns and getting on fire, the parliament cannot handle the situation now. Some Singaporeans begin to leave the country for a better future, as Singapore is just too competitive. The government ought to reconsider getting 6.9 million people, with half are foreigners. Even the tax suggested to charge foreigners not serving NS is not enough. Singapore kids waste 2 years in NS instead of uni. No amt of money can buy youth that is sacrificed.

Do NS for 2 years for your country and it is wasted youth? We don't have 10 millions population to double or triple our regular army strength and we need NS, how else you want to defence our country? Don't think it's peace time now and we don't need NS. If we are weak or perceived weak, other country will take over us in no time. Singaporeans sometimes complain way too much.

HVR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:01 pm

kiasu_student wrote:Singapore kids waste 2 years in NS instead of uni. No amt of money can buy youth that is sacrificed.

No amount of money can we pay now to buy the loyalty of people who will really be willing to sacrifice themselves for Singapore when things really get tough around here.

Especially if the people have the above mentality.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby GLORYmum » Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:10 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
kiasu_student wrote:Singapore kids waste 2 years in NS instead of uni. No amt of money can buy youth that is sacrificed.

No amount of money can we pay now to buy the loyalty of people who will really be willing to sacrifice themselves for Singapore when things really get tough around here.

If our homegrown kids who have served NS have the above incorrect mentality, what makes anyone think that new immigrants whose kids never served NS could be more loyal to fend our country in tough times?

:nailbite:

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby limlim » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:25 pm

If not for the pple who have served NS and those who are serving now, there may not even be a uni for you and the other youth.

limlim
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:30 pm

GLORYmum wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:

If our homegrown kids who have served NS have the above incorrect mentality, what makes anyone think that new immigrants whose kids never served NS could be more loyal to fend our country in tough times?

:nailbite:

It's like saying
If my own child doesn't love me , will my adopted child love me?

It depends on the child, my dear ....

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby GLORYmum » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:42 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:

It's like saying
If my own child doesn't love me , will my adopted child love me?

It depends on the child, my dear ....

precisely my dear! so can't blame own child for not loving me, right?
do we also need to self-reflect on why own child doesn't love me?

GLORYmum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby pirate » Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 pm

kiasu_student wrote:Singapore has been getting more and more terrible nowadays. The prime minister actually thinks Singapore can accomodate 6.9 million people. At this current stage of around 5 million, the transport and housing system is already out of control. With train breakdowns and getting on fire, the parliament cannot handle the situation now. Some Singaporeans begin to leave the country for a better future, as Singapore is just too competitive. The government ought to reconsider getting 6.9 million people, with half are foreigners. Even the tax suggested to charge foreigners not serving NS is not enough. Singapore kids waste 2 years in NS instead of uni. No amt of money can buy youth that is sacrificed.

Would you believe that some Singaporeans leave to work overseas because Singapore is not competitive enough? If you think getting into NUS and graduating with a good degree from a popular faculty here is too competitive, you should try getting one from Oxford, Cambridge or Harvard. Just you try mugging Singapore style against somebody literally with a photographic memory. I have seen people who hardly seem to attend any lecture or do any work and still outscore our President's scholars at Finals. If you think getting a good PME job in Singapore is hard, you should try getting one in their London, New York or even Hong Kong office. :yikes:

Singapore's reality is Singapore is too small to insulate its people from that kind of competition. The rest of the world does not care whether we swim or sink.

pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Just relax » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:35 am

The solution for you my friend is that if you are a boy then leave Singapore before you turn 13 and don't come back. Very easy, then no overcrowding etc. go to the wide open spaces and free universities in other countries. I am quite sure they will welcome you with open arms :rotflmao:

If you find a country where you can avoid studying and working hard, and still get a good education, housing, job, security, healthcare, transport, by all means go. :siam:

Just relax
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby HVR » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:52 am

Just relax wrote:

The solution for you my friend is that if you are a boy then leave Singapore before you turn 13 and don't come back. Very easy, then no overcrowding etc. go to the wide open spaces and free universities in other countries. I am quite sure they will welcome you with open arms :rotflmao:

If you find a country where you can avoid studying and working hard, and still get a good education, housing, job, security, healthcare, transport, by all means go. :siam:

Whoa bravo! I salute you. Some will say you are rather harsh with your words but sometimes we need reality check, don't we?

HVR
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time