Label Printing Machine

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Label Printing Machine

Postby titank » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:48 am

Hi All,

Anyone have any recommendation to get printing label machine? Saw there are brands like Casio, Brother, Dyno.
Just want to get it printed so that can label on the textbook.

Anyone use sticker label that print using the normal printer?

Do share if you have any good tips.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 am
Total Likes: 4


Postby kams » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:03 pm

I'm using Brother for all my kids' stationery, water bottles, lunchboxes, wallet, etc. The tapes comes in various colours & are water-proof. They also don't come off easily despite numerous washing.

kams
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby schellen » Thu Aug 27, 2009 4:14 pm

I use the cheap form of sticker labels, the kind you make on the spot at stalls/carts you find in malls. They're cute and small and can be personalised. They are also colourful and waterproof. My MIL made a big batch for my DD on various occasions before she started P1 so we have enough stock for now. Some come with her Chinese name as well. Only thing is that I have to write the class below the sticker. I also stuck them on her lunchboxes but they eventually came off, not because of the frequent washing, but due to the frequent microwaving.

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2102
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:17 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby titank » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:01 pm

kams wrote:I'm using Brother for all my kids' stationery, water bottles, lunchboxes, wallet, etc. The tapes comes in various colours & are water-proof. They also don't come off easily despite numerous washing.


How much would be the consumables (Tape) cost? The only sad part is that it can't print chinese character.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3978
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:56 am
Total Likes: 4


Postby Andaiz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 5:53 pm

titank wrote:
How much would be the consumables (Tape) cost? The only sad part is that it can't print chinese character.


Less than $20 which can last for a while if you're just labelling words.

Andaiz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1673
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:58 pm
Total Likes: 0



Postby westmom » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:42 pm

I had a self inking stamp made in dd's name (including chinese name). Then I buy those "small labels" to paste on textbooks & stamp name on it.
The stamp can be used for other personal stuff like storybooks/notebooks etc too. Labels only used for surfaces that are glossy, if not just stamp directly. So far, it's been 4 years and the stamp is still Ok....(don't let child play with it otherwise will run out of ink).

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby Aquamarine » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:12 am

I am using Brother too for all my DD's stuff. Like it as the name label on her water bottle doesn't come off easily even after frequent washing :D

I also use cheap cartoon sticker labels and self inking stamp sometimes....for her not so important or fun stuff.

Aquamarine
YellowBelt
YellowBelt
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:48 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby joconde » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:40 am

westmom wrote:I had a self inking stamp made in dd's name (including chinese name). Then I buy those "small labels" to paste on textbooks & stamp name on it.
The stamp can be used for other personal stuff like storybooks/notebooks etc too. Labels only used for surfaces that are glossy, if not just stamp directly. So far, it's been 4 years and the stamp is still Ok....(don't let child play with it otherwise will run out of ink).


so urs is a customized stamp and the label is fixed and cannot be changed , right ? may I know where u bought the stamp and how much did it cost ?

joconde
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 251
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Postby westmom » Sat Aug 29, 2009 3:30 pm

joconde wrote:
westmom wrote:I had a self inking stamp made in dd's name (including chinese name). Then I buy those "small labels" to paste on textbooks & stamp name on it.
The stamp can be used for other personal stuff like storybooks/notebooks etc too. Labels only used for surfaces that are glossy, if not just stamp directly. So far, it's been 4 years and the stamp is still Ok....(don't let child play with it otherwise will run out of ink).


so urs is a customized stamp and the label is fixed and cannot be changed , right ? may I know where u bought the stamp and how much did it cost ?


Most stationery shops will have the services to do self inking customised stamps. I did mine 4 years ago so can't remember the cost. It should be less than S$20. The labels are small stickers that can be bought from Popular etc of various sizes and many many sheets in a pack.

westmom
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 424
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:29 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Label Printing Machine

Postby janet88 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:42 am

my first label printing machine was a Brother...but battery consumption is very high. labels are expensive too.
only used to label daughter's school stuff. it is spoilt after less than 30x usage.
presently using casio which comes with adapter. labels are cheaper too.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33799
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111



Return to Recess Time