Birthday in Dec, how to celebrate?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Birthday in Dec, how to celebrate?

Postby smurf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:37 pm

my boy's birthday is in mid of dec, and that falls on sch holiday. He hasn't had any birthday party before, usually, we would just buy a small cake and sing birthday song for him. and like other kids, I think he secretly wish for a birthday party whereby he can celebrate with his sch frens. but how do we do that as last day of sch falls on mid nov?

any suggestion? :? and is it weird if we do it on last day of sch? :?

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Birthday in Dec, how to celebrate?

Postby kaitlynangelica » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:14 pm

smurf wrote:my boy's birthday is in mid of dec, and that falls on sch holiday. He hasn't had any birthday party before, usually, we would just buy a small cake and sing birthday song for him. and like other kids, I think he secretly wish for a birthday party whereby he can celebrate with his sch frens. but how do we do that as last day of sch falls on mid nov?

I think its fine to do it on the last day of school. Otherwise, get the telephone numbers of all his friends parents and then call them for a party in mid-december.

My gal's birthday is on christmas day. As she was in a child care last year, we managed to celebrate in school with a KFC party altho a lot of the kids were not around.

kaitlynangelica
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Fluffy » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:15 pm

smurf wrote:my boy's birthday is in mid of dec, and that falls on sch holiday. He hasn't had any birthday party before, usually, we would just buy a small cake and sing birthday song for him. and like other kids, I think he secretly wish for a birthday party whereby he can celebrate with his sch frens. but how do we do that as last day of sch falls on mid nov?

My daughter has been :cry: for her last 4 years in Pri school as she was unable to invite her classmates for birthday party as it falls end of Dec during the Christmas and New Year festive period. I always console her and get my neice and nephews (older) to cheer her up :rahrah: Birthday party attendees usually only relatives. Hard :sweat: to invite her friends as many usually could not make it due to family committment. :roll: every year has to think of something new but now as she grow older it seems she accept the fact. Hope yours will eventually too.

Fluffy
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby edanson » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:34 pm

I think is fine to celebrate on the last day of school too.

Else you may like to sent early invitation cards to all informing them about the party. Then ask your baby to get the contact number of those whom he had invited. Gave them a reminder call when the time is approaching. :celebrate:

edanson
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby KingRascal » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:52 pm

My son's birthday is also in Dec. He was able to celebrate it in his childcare every year except for last yr when he had it in ExplorerKids. Now that he's in P1, I have not thought about this year's party yet.

He had attended several parties this year, some during weekends of normal school term, some during the school holidays. Turnout had been very good for these parties...cos I think the choice of the location of the parties matter. The parties were held at places like ExplorerKids, Fidgets, Go-Go Bambini, etc. Most of the parents would be glad to bring their children there as the play would be more fun in a big groud.

Somehow...I realised turnout was not good when the party was held at the birthday boy/gal's home. Coincidence? I am not sure if the venue does play a part... Maybe if we ask ourselves, which invitation would look more attractive? Home-based or indoor playground? To be honest, I would choose indoor playground.

But definitely it comes with a hefty price to pay...you would have to fork out more $ for indoor playground...

In conclusion...you may be able to make it attractive for them to come...

KingRascal
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby csc » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:06 pm

My darling daughter's bi-dae is in mid Dec. So far , there's no problem of her friends turning up at her party at that time of the year. But make sure the invitation is out before school closes.

Even when some friends go on holidays, they will not forget to give her a gift too. So sweet of them.

Having Dec birthdays has its advantages. Even when we are travelling, we will still buy a cake and celebrate the occasion in the hotel room. Her birthdays are really memorable. Last year, she celebrated hers with a 92-year-old Thai friend of ours in Chiangrai. What a privilege ! :celebrate:

csc
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:23 pm

My girl's birthday is 1st week of Dec. When she was in K2, we celebrated her birthday in advance during the last week of school. Otherwise she will no longer get a chance to do so with her classmates anymore.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby jedamum » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:21 pm

my P1 never had a birthday celebration before; not even a full month one.
even when we had a group one for his bro's 2nd birthday, he is contented with just having cake and snacks with immediate family members for his birthday.
no choice...his mummy is too lazy to organise such stuff.... :oops:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby smurf » Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:41 pm

thanks mummies and............daddies for your contribution.:)

I'm more incline to do it on last day of sch...but then again, think most classmates would have gone on holiday...and not sure if it is weird to invite parents of the classmates (if send out invitation cards for outside activity), cos after all, we dunno them well... :lol:

smurf
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tankee » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:39 am

wouldn't your child find it very strange to celebrate birthday so early in advance? :?

why not celebrate on the actual day but just hand out the invitation cards during the last week of school?

tankee
Site Admin

Next

Return to Recess Time