$2800 for a labradoodle puppy

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

$2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:19 pm


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:24 pm

Jennifer wrote:http://www.olx.com.sg/labradoodle-puppies-for-sale-iid-486238174

Is it expensive?


OMG. That looks exactly like that cuddling stuffed doggy in the shopping centre. Not sure about the price, but I think it's probably on the high end. Most dogs prices range from $500 - $2,800 for the really rare pedigrees.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Harlequin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:39 pm

The pet shop at Greenwood Ave is asking for $8K... :faint:
Some more told me must wait 6 months, cos long waitng list... (??) :skeptical:

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am
Total Likes: 43


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby keroppi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:49 pm

$2.8K is not ex. My friend got one direct from Aussie. Got to wait like 6 months. It's super cute.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:51 pm

Harlequin wrote:Some more told me must wait 6 months, cos long waitng list... (??) :skeptical:


long waiting list = not breed yet or not birth yet :lol:

There is a post in our estate resident's notice board = exactly the same as the one posted in the link.

The dogs look incredibly cute. Almost like a stuffed toy.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106



Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:53 pm

keroppi wrote:$2.8K is not ex. My friend got one direct from Aussie. Got to wait like 6 months. It's super cute.


How's the temperament of the puppy?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:56 pm


Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby keroppi » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:00 pm

Jennifer wrote:
keroppi wrote:$2.8K is not ex. My friend got one direct from Aussie. Got to wait like 6 months. It's super cute.


How's the temperament of the puppy?


It has a good temperament and very attached to my friend. Very obedient too. You are right about "the not birthed yet" when you place your order.

For my friend, she booked one and when the pup was born, they send her photos and updates regularly so she can track the growth. Was told by my friend that both Aussie and Singapore are rabbies-free country so no need to quarantine the pup when it arrives.

Really looks like a ragged toy dog. I also like. But I am not ready for dogs yet.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 746
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:22 am
Total Likes: 5


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Jennifer » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:03 pm

keroppi wrote:
Jennifer wrote:
keroppi wrote:$2.8K is not ex. My friend got one direct from Aussie. Got to wait like 6 months. It's super cute.


How's the temperament of the puppy?


It has a good temperament and very attached to my friend. Very obedient too. You are right about "the not birthed yet" when you place your order.

For my friend, she booked one and when the pup was born, they send her photos and updates regularly so she can track the growth. Was told by my friend that both Aussie and Singapore are rabbies-free country so no need to quarantine the pup when it arrives.

Really looks like a ragged toy dog. I also like. But I am not ready for dogs yet.


The wikipedia says this dog shed. Is shedding a big problem in Sg climate?

I wish to keep a dog when the boys move out :lol:

Been watching too many Dog Whisperer :smile:

Does the labradoodle need another dog as a companion?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 23241
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:10 pm
Total Likes: 106


Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Postby Harlequin » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:52 pm

Jennifer wrote:
Harlequin wrote:Some more told me must wait 6 months, cos long waitng list... (??) :skeptical:


long waiting list = not breed yet or not birth yet :lol:

There is a post in our estate resident's notice board = exactly the same as the one posted in the link.

The dogs look incredibly cute. Almost like a stuffed toy.


Sorry, just now was in a hurry to sign off...

Yes, after i sort of complained that it's too expensive the pet shop owner told me, "have to wait 6 months for the pup, 8K is very reasonable..."

Asked to pay $2k deposit, I hesitate cos I am actually looking for a Shih Tzu...

I noticed the advertiser in the link has an "expensive" phone number, his/her pup surely won't sell cheap :evil:

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 5249
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:16 am
Total Likes: 43


Next

Return to Recess Time