$2800 for a labradoodle puppy

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
sundaymorning
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Re: $2800 for a labradoodle puppy

Post by sundaymorning » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:01 am

straffan23 wrote:My personal view is that one should not BUY a puppy, but opt for adoption instead. There are many abandoned puppies and dogs - once they past their cute stage and owners realised feels that there's too much "work".... There are many options for adoptions in Singapore, and some are well-trained, some might even be pedigree. The point about pedigree is that there is too much in-breeding and so they are usually more succeptible to illnesses and diseases.

The other thing about buying a pet is that they are usually being churned out from a breeding mill - the conditions of these mills are usually less-than-appropriate, and the treatment to the breeding dogs often borderline inhumanity...

Therefore... before thinking of purchasing... please consider rescuing /adopting one...

Many thanks.

Agree with straffan23 that we should adopt instead.
Poor animals are abandoned by the owners . Its seriously saddening !

kevkevkaf
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by kevkevkaf » Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:01 pm

this is insane.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:151

Post by Sun_2010 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:05 pm

kevkevkaf wrote:this is insane.

why?

A $1000 for a tablet/smart phone
A $10,000 for an europe/US family vacation

If that is your thing and you can afford it, then fine.

hxranmay5
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by hxranmay5 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am

Hi guys,
I just came back with my two three and half years old Labradoodles from the United States, my girl happen to be pregnant and my family would like to keep one more puppies. We have 6 (7 all together) miniature labradoodles just born yesterday. Mum weights about 28lbs, dad is about 40lbs. I want to sell them to compensate their extremely expensive travel expense. Please let me know if you are interested in reserve a puppy. Pls text me at 8119 5879 for more information.

CarenL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by CarenL » Thu May 09, 2019 11:24 am

hxranmay5 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 10:17 am
Hi guys,
I just came back with my two three and half years old Labradoodles from the United States, my girl happen to be pregnant and my family would like to keep one more puppies. We have 6 (7 all together) miniature labradoodles just born yesterday. Mum weights about 28lbs, dad is about 40lbs. I want to sell them to compensate their extremely expensive travel expense. Please let me know if you are interested in reserve a puppy. Pls text me at 8119 5879 for more information.

Oh they're all adorable! I better talk to DH about getting a puppy. Hope I'd be in time. :cry:

bluesky3000
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bluesky3000 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:12 pm

I really think its okay if its healthy and gone through vet for all the health issues, but make sure its legit! Had friends who bought from an individual dog/cat rearer who went to jail after awhile for mis breeding and all the animals were in dire conditions..

LucyL
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:1

Post by LucyL » Mon Jun 10, 2019 10:29 am

bluesky3000 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:12 pm
I really think its okay if its healthy and gone through vet for all the health issues, but make sure its legit! Had friends who bought from an individual dog/cat rearer who went to jail after awhile for mis breeding and all the animals were in dire conditions..
I feel sad for those animals.. but agreed, check the health of the puppy first before getting one and make sure it got all the vaccines needed. Money might go to waste if not thoroughly checked.

mcknzAlex
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by mcknzAlex » Tue Jun 11, 2019 9:16 am

That surely is expensive, I just really hope that it is healthy since you are getting it for a good price.
You may want to visit a nearby pet store or animal shelter to see if you want something that is similar to that puppy. I have a Labrador retriever at home I got from a friend of mine. She gave me a discount and have recommended buying dog supplies online.

brainstorm21
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by brainstorm21 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:25 pm

2800?? Not too much?