A girl knocked down by a bike

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

A girl knocked down by a bike

Postby kitty2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:24 am

I got this from a friend :(

Dear friends of "Walking with Faith",

I started this cause/ page after I was touched by a story about a bubbly little 9 year old girl call Faith. Almost 2 months ago, Faith was hit by a speeding motor bike after school around her school zone neighborhood. The severe accident have cause her to lay now in KK hospital not being able to move half of her body and not being able to speak. Her parents have since stopped working to care for their baby and her siblings spend nights watching over her tirelessly.

This family's courage and this little girl's strength to get well have touched my heart as much as her story has broken my heart. Being a mother of 2 little beautiful girls, my heart goes out everyday to them and everyday I wake up thinking about what we can do for Faith.

Walking with Faith, is dedicated to Faith and at the same time it is also a cause to create awareness for speeding motorists. Faith in so many meaning means we trust God in everything we do, trusting that He will take care of us and our worries. Having the trust that He will heal us.

Faith is someone's baby, someone's pride and joy and someone's little angel and one rushing speeding bike can crush the world she use to live in and her parent's heart, their dreams and hope for her.

Please join me as I start this cause to raise funds for her hospital bills which have since been mounting up to over SGD35,000 a month and her doctor predicts she may have to be there for a few months. I aim to raise SGD150K and beyond for campaigns to help other families in similar predicaments and to help educate the public.

I would also like to invite all of you to pray in unity that she will walk again soon, speak soon and in Jesus's name she will be healed completely.

Please help me pass this page around to create awareness and to help raise funds. I welcome fund raising ideas, educational programs we can introduce in schools to educate kids about traffic rules and traffic crossings and to educate the public about how many kids have since died or suffered cause of careless driving or speeding motorists.

Dig deep inside all of you and you can find somewhere in you or someone you know that can help in so many ways possible.

God bless and much Love,
Renee Leung, Walking with Faith.

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: A girl knocked down by a bike

Postby crony.in.ksp » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:34 pm

is there a weblink or blog ? how do we know this is not a scam? (no cynicism intended)

crony.in.ksp
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby AC_Power » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:04 pm

Found this link: https://www.facebook.com/walkingwithfaithSG

Don't seems to be a scam. Wishing her speedy recovery.

AC_Power
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby kitty2 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:08 pm

AC_Power wrote:Found this link: https://www.facebook.com/walkingwithfaithSG

Don't seems to be a scam. Wishing her speedy recovery.

Thanks AC power for putting up the link :)

kitty2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby sundaymorning » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:59 pm

thanks for putting the link up.
Its so heart wrenching that the little girl faith is now in a lot of pain just because of the reckless motorist .
I really hope she will gradually recover and be able to get back to her life before .

sundaymorning
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby chenwj » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:14 am

I read somewhere that the bike that knocked down the girl is not a motorcycle, but an electric bike, one that doesn't require license. I used to ride motorcycle and it served me well. This matter is giving motorcyclist a bad name.

chenwj
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby durianlove1974 » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:23 am

She was knocked down by an electric bicycle.

Walking outside is not safe any more even in void deck .

Some motorcycles ride their bikes in void deck to avoid parking fee.

Some cyclists would just zoomed fast without regard for pedestrian safety.

durianlove1974
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Return to Recess Time