Beware: Drinks Stall Took Back Leftover Ice

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Beware: Drinks Stall Took Back Leftover Ice

Postby mabaker » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:18 pm

Next time you have a cup of ice from a drinks stall at a hawker centre, inspect it a little in case you are getting ice left behind by other patrons.

This happened on Mar 28. An old lady was collecting empty drink cans. There was a partially-filled blue plastic cup of ice. She poured the remaining ice from another cup to top up this one, and drained the excess water from the cup. She left the other plastic cups and plates on the table for the cleaners to clear. She took the cup of ice to the drinks stall vendor, who accepted it and gave her a coin.

The above were the facts. What was unclear was whether the payment was for the ice or for any other purpose. The point is, whether or not payment was made, it was wrong for the drinks stall to take back leftover ice. Not surprisingly, they did not do it when NEA officers checked on them.

To Netizens - Majority of the drinks stall vendors make an honest living and can be trusted. It's just that ice is a significant cost in the drinks business, and it may be better to exercise caution and play safe. No harm taking a quick look at your cup of ice to see if there are any obvious food particles, saliva, or floating impurities.

To Drinks stall vendors - Spare a thought for the consumers and the kids who are none the wiser. Canned drink prices are already heavily marked-up, and consumers are paying for their cups of ice. Have mercy. No recycled ice please.

mabaker
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Re: Beware: Drinks Stall Took Back Leftover Ice

Postby Mawar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:16 pm

Heard of recycled straw but not ice. :yikes:

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:02 pm

Today is the first time i have heard about recycled straw and recycled ice. :faint:

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby CloudeeDaz » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:12 pm

buds wrote:Today is the first time i have heard about recycled straw and recycled ice. :faint:

How about recycled prata gravy? :nailbite:
But this is just hearsay.

If the vendor is unscrupulous, anything can also be recycled :sweat:

CloudeeDaz
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby buds » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:18 pm

:faint:

It's not safe outside uh.. Image

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ngl2010 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:45 pm

My friend that worked in a restaurant ever told me that he had seen a waiter sipped orange juice intended for a customer when he poured too much into the glass.

Another friend working in hotel industry told me to always keep my toothbrush in my locked luggage because she had seen a house keeper used guest's toothbrush to clean the guest's toilet. She thinks the house keeper had a bad day.

Real stories. Scary huh?
Last edited by ngl2010 on Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby blueblue » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:46 pm

I ever saw a western food in Bedok recycled the bun.

blueblue
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Mawar » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:47 pm

ngl2010 wrote:My friend that worked in a restaurant ever told me that he had seen a waiter sipped orange juice intended for a customer when he poured too much into the glass.

Another friend working in hotel industry told me to always keep my toothbrush in my locked luggage because she had seen a house keeper used guest's toothbrush to clean the guest's toilet. She thinks the house keeper had a bad day.

Real stories. Scary huh?

:yikes: :yikes:

Mawar
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby kwcllf » Fri Apr 05, 2013 5:59 pm

mabaker wrote:Next time you have a cup of ice from a drinks stall at a hawker centre, inspect it a little in case you are getting ice left behind by other patrons.

This happened on Mar 28. An old lady was collecting empty drink cans. There was a partially-filled blue plastic cup of ice. She poured the remaining ice from another cup to top up this one, and drained the excess water from the cup. She left the other plastic cups and plates on the table for the cleaners to clear. She took the cup of ice to the drinks stall vendor, who accepted it and gave her a coin.

The above were the facts. What was unclear was whether the payment was for the ice or for any other purpose. The point is, whether or not payment was made, it was wrong for the drinks stall to take back leftover ice. Not surprisingly, they did not do it when NEA officers checked on them.
L
To Netizens - Majority of the drinks stall vendors make an honest living and can be ktrusted. It's just that ice is a significant cost in the drinks business, and it may be better to exercise caution and play safe. No harm taking a quick look at your cup of ice to see if there are any obvious food particles, saliva, or floating impurities.

To Drinks stall vendors - Spare a thought for the consumers and the kids who are none the wiser. Canned drink prices are already heavily marked-up, and consumers are paying for their cups of ice. Have mercy. No recycled ice please.

Where is this place? Important to know so can take precaution.

kwcllf
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby auntieM » Fri Apr 05, 2013 6:22 pm

buds wrote::faint:

It's not safe outside uh.. Image

Yalor.. ...but if do so openly then hopefully get reported soon...

auntieM
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time