Parents with sec 1 kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby kamom » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:18 pm

How are your kids doing? My ds is getting very forgetful. Seems like his memory bank is full after P6. He is so forgetful. He has forgotten his file, his technical class apron, PE uniform and today, even forgot he has the NAFA test to take. Suppose to be in school earlier but he has completely forgotten all about it :slapshead:

He even forgot to bring in the keys, it was left on the main door. :faint:

Is this normal for sec 1 boys? :roll:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby BeContented » Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Ha :smile:
And I already complaint & lectured my Sec 1 son over his forgetfulness (which I translate to bochup attitude). Yours seem more serious - keys at door :wink:
Let's see if others having similar 'problem' ;)

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 3670
Joined: Thu Nov 18, 2010 10:25 am
Total Likes: 84


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby janet88 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 9:05 pm

My boy in sec 1 not much different from p6...but he can breathe a sigh of relief bcos he is done with PSLE.

He is not forgetful...bochap more like it. Oh yes, he said his friend asked him for help to befriend a female classmate...this monkey even teased his classmate saying girls are trouble.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33738
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby kamom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:25 am

janet_lee88 wrote:My boy in sec 1 not much different from p6...but he can breathe a sigh of relief bcos he is done with PSLE.

He is not forgetful...bochap more like it. Oh yes, he said his friend asked him for help to befriend a female classmate...this monkey even teased his classmate saying girls are trouble.


:rotflmao:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:28 am

kamom wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:My boy in sec 1 not much different from p6...but he can breathe a sigh of relief bcos he is done with PSLE.

He is not forgetful...bochap more like it. Oh yes, he said his friend asked him for help to befriend a female classmate...this monkey even teased his classmate saying girls are trouble.


:rotflmao:

short of saying his sister is trouble.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33738
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111



Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby Nutty mum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:44 am

kamom wrote:How are your kids doing? My ds is getting very forgetful. Seems like his memory bank is full after P6. He is so forgetful. He has forgotten his file, his technical class apron, PE uniform and today, even forgot he has the NAFA test to take. Suppose to be in school earlier but he has completely forgotten all about it :slapshead:

He even forgot to bring in the keys, it was left on the main door. :faint:

Is this normal for sec 1 boys? :roll:


My DS definitely is. Losing his water bottle is a norm; so now he is using the recycled soft drink bottle instead. The life in Sec 1 is busy, unpredictable schedules and never ending homeworks, projects; etc. Believe me, he is as busy as any working adults, no public holidays and weekends.
Sometimes I'm really pity him but there again, I console myself that this is part of growing up and he has to learn to grow up and manage his time.

So Janet, you are not the only one. Give all our DS some time to cope.

Nutty mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 4:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:48 am

Nutty mum wrote:My DS definitely is. Losing his water bottle is a norm; so now he is using the recycled soft drink bottle instead. The life in Sec 1 is busy, unpredictable schedules and never ending homeworks, projects; etc. Believe me, he is as busy as any working adults, no public holidays and weekends.
Sometimes I'm really pity him but there again, I console myself that this is part of growing up and he has to learn to grow up and manage his time.

So Janet, you are not the only one. Give all our DS some time to cope.


hubby had to help him with home economics project (10 page report) and cca program...or else he won't get to sleep at 11 if he has to do himself.
why sec 1 so 可怜 ? math teacher gives so much homework and due the next day...easily 30 questions dumped on class...if long weekend, worst !

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33738
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby kamom » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:00 am

MOE or principal or teachers??? They should try to live the life of a sec 1 before dumping loads of work on the kids. They are human not machines.

If our young live their lives like that, not enough sleep, poor meals, stressed lifestyle...not just aging population but a very sick population we are going to face. Why bother to come up with 1st class healthcare when they don't bother about their health at a young age. :sad:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
 
Posts: 156
Joined: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:21 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby Nutty mum » Wed Apr 10, 2013 11:01 am

janet_lee88 wrote:
Nutty mum wrote:My DS definitely is. Losing his water bottle is a norm; so now he is using the recycled soft drink bottle instead. The life in Sec 1 is busy, unpredictable schedules and never ending homeworks, projects; etc. Believe me, he is as busy as any working adults, no public holidays and weekends.
Sometimes I'm really pity him but there again, I console myself that this is part of growing up and he has to learn to grow up and manage his time.

So Janet, you are not the only one. Give all our DS some time to cope.


hubby had to help him with home economics project (10 page report) and cca program...or else he won't get to sleep at 11 if he has to do himself.
why sec 1 so 可怜 ? math teacher gives so much homework and due the next day...easily 30 questions dumped on class...if long weekend, worst !


Talking about sleep. My DS often sleeps at 11pm (at least 4 days in a working week) and gets up at 6am in the morning. Recently because he has last minute project work to present, he works till 10.30pm and gets up at 5.15am the next morning to complete it.
The earliest time to come home is 4.30pm in the afternoon; he would check his phone if there are last minute work, have a quick shower, play on his phone for like 15mins and quickly get back to his powerpoint presentation.
Time is so tight that now he doesn't go NTUC with me for grocery shopping!
Very true loh, 可怜. When I saw the thread on planning for holidays to Taiwan, Korea etc, I'm so jealous because we can't even plan the June holidays because DS is not sure if he has any school activities!!

Nutty mum
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 4:15 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Postby janet88 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 12:51 pm

ONLY sec 1...this is simply ridiculous !!! They were just done with a crazy year at P6...this year they are dumped into deep sea. Forget that stupid word called 'holistic'. I had to hold back my frustrations when I heard son having 50 Math questions to do over Good Friday weekend. What nonsense is this?

They are young kids for goodness sake.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 33738
Joined: Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:37 am
Total Likes: 111


Next

Return to Recess Time