Parents with sec 1 kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
Flowermonaster
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:5

Re: Parents with sec 1 kids

Post by Flowermonaster » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:13 am

BeContented wrote:Hello Flowermonaster, Good to hear that your DS found Sec Sch life interesting too :rahrah:
Similarly, my DS is used to staying back for activities since P4, so not much difference except a much longer transport time. It does seem that some do enjoy their new stage of Sch life. :)
My DS has all along been self-disciplined in finishing up his schoolwork. So no issue for me. But the homework is quite little (~1 hour a day). I supposed since its not as structured as the 'O', they are supposed to do self-learning, so this is where my concern is, cannot just do homework. Anyway shall wait for mid year to assess again :sweat:
My P6 DD, pout her lips so frequently :gloomy: cos she is still rushing her work while ge-ge already in dreamland. Her P5 was comparable to his P6 load & her P6 is worse than his Sec1. Let's hope my DD will enjoy her Sec life like the bro next year. Now must find out which girls' Sch is 'holistic'? Any advice?

Your DD looking into IP, dual-track or O level? Sorry, I am not familiar with girl's school. I just feel Cedar Girls not bad. As for the 2 branded girls school, think here must be a reason why they r so popular though I m not sure if there r "holistic" or not. Must go visit open house to learn more. I always wanted to visit girls school but no chance. :wink:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by kamom » Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:33 am

janet_lee88 wrote:One thing I am trying to adjust:
1) long hours and teachers holding back kids after school with no prior notice.
2) oral exam is held days after notification and no info is given what would be tested...son is now going through all his notes for the oral 2moro.
3) speech day next Friday...so he would be involved till 8pm bcos of CCA...it's ok since next day no school.

Other than Chinese, no more assessment books. No time for that...no past year papers either. Busy yes, but new phase of life...including some fierce teachers.

Yes, I find that very annoying esp. when I have prepared food for him to eat. Must they do that to the kids? If no prior notice, it means no proper planning in my opinion.

Heavy bag is another issue. My ds comes home on his own and he takes the bus. He is skinny and the bag really weighs him down :imdrowning:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:130

Post by janet88 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:28 am

i pick son (150pm) after daughter (130pm) as their dismissal time is just nice...what pisses me is teacher doesn't seem to be able organize time. if she holds kids back for 20 min, what am i to do ?

BeContented
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:85

Post by BeContented » Fri Apr 12, 2013 11:54 am

janet_lee88 wrote:i pick son (150pm) after daughter (130pm) as their dismissal time is just nice...what pisses me is teacher doesn't seem to be able organize time. if she holds kids back for 20 min, what am i to do ?

Last year, both DS & DD were dismissed at 1.30pm (Different schools). I would try to always fetch DD first then drive over to DS ~8 mins away.
but problem was DD always come out late by 10-30mins. No choice, DS would just wait at bus stop (no phone then) till I arrive.

On hindsight, i think DS would make a good boyfriend next time since he is so used to waiting for us. DD on the other hand gets all impatient & :rant: whenever I tried to fetch the son & she had to wait instead. Buay tahan. :slapshead: I wonder is that how man feel :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:130

Post by janet88 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:13 pm

BeContented wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:i pick son (150pm) after daughter (130pm) as their dismissal time is just nice...what pisses me is teacher doesn't seem to be able organize time. if she holds kids back for 20 min, what am i to do ?

On hindsight, i think DS would make a good boyfriend next time since he is so used to waiting for us. DD on the other hand gets all impatient & :rant: whenever I tried to fetch the son & she had to wait instead. Buay tahan. :slapshead: I wonder is that how man feel :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

daughter is dismissed at 130pm...takes about 20 min to go to son's school, yet have to wait another 20 min. son makes a lousy boyfriend bcos he would expect punctuality.