Unconscious driver @ bugis junction 15/4

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Unconscious driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby raysusan » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:23 pm



:siao: :siao: :siao:

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1417
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:13 pm
Total Likes: 6


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby PapayaDad » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:36 pm

the driver was unconcious - blackout....

PapayaDad
BlueBelt
BlueBelt
 
Posts: 214
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:58 pm
Total Likes: 0


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby atrecord » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:28 pm

Serious or not? It certainly could have been much worse. And what happened afterwards?

If driver was unconscious, car will not stop, and in fact if leg is fully depressed on accelerator, it will speed up and knock onto something, hopefully not humans...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 2222
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:25 am
Total Likes: 6


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:42 pm

atrecord wrote:Serious or not? It certainly could have been much worse. And what happened afterwards?

If driver was unconscious, car will not stop, and in fact if leg is fully depressed on accelerator, it will speed up and knock onto something, hopefully not humans...


Which is why those passengers in the cab should not have left the cab. Because they did, the cab was too light to stop the Merc from pushing away the cab and shooting forward. And it would have been very dangerous if the Merc went in the direction of the passengers exiting from the cab! Imagine, a Merc coming at full throttle at you like a bullet.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby sunflower » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:16 pm

Looks like one of the passengers is pregnant. Think they were too scared and didn’t know what was actually happening. Reflex action would be to get out of the cab and away from the cars as soon as possible.

sunflower
BrownBelt
BrownBelt
 
Posts: 642
Joined: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:08 pm
Total Likes: 8



Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:28 pm

sunflower wrote:Looks like one of the passengers is pregnant. Think they were too scared and didn’t know what was actually happening. Reflex action would be to get out of the cab and away from the cars as soon as possible.


Yes. I think most people will do the same. But the end result could have been quite tragic. Good thing she got out of the way before the Merc shot past her right at the place from which she alighted.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby ImMeeMee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:34 pm

As a fellow driver myself, I seriously cannot imagine what was on the driver's mind when he did what he did. Thank goodness nobody was seemingly hurt from the clip, whether it be the taxi or bus passengers.

I hope he be reined in to take responsibility for his action.

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 1251
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:46 pm
Total Likes: 20


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:42 pm

ImMeeMee wrote:As a fellow driver myself, I seriously cannot imagine what was on the driver's mind when he did what he did. Thank goodness nobody was seemingly hurt from the clip, whether it be the taxi or bus passengers.

I hope he be reined in to take responsibility for his action.


He was unconscious - either drunk or sick. I thought I saw him slumped against the wheel.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin
 
Posts: 15221
Joined: Mon Sep 03, 2007 9:16 am
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 319


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby tankee » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:23 pm

there is another video clip, that is shown on the news on TV, showing the moments before the merc bang the taxi.

tankee
Site Admin
 
Posts: 17790
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:04 pm
Location: Singapore
Total Likes: 18


Re: bad driver @ bugis junction 15/4

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:39 pm

Whew! Lucky no one got hurt!

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
 
Posts: 4613
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2010 2:13 pm
Total Likes: 145


Next

Return to Recess Time