Would you live in an underground city?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Would you live in an underground city?

Postby kamom » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm

That's where SG is heading next. Would you live in an underground city? I wouldn't. I think everything on earth has their place. Underground is not meant for living beings. :roll:

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Re: Would you live in an underground city?

Postby Jennifer » Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

kamom wrote:That's where SG is heading next.

Govt release this info?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:14 am

There are cities in Asia with underground shopping (maybe because of the cold weather). I think it's perfectly fine .... just cannot imagine what will happen if there's a power outage or aircon breakdown.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby kamom » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:27 am

Shopping is ok cos' you don't not sleep in there, eat in there. At most, you are only there for a few hours. A home underground...imagine the electricity bill - lights turn on all day and all night, air-con...living with underground cables --- any side effects in the long run?

kamom
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:28 am

kamom wrote:That's where SG is heading next. Would you live in an underground city? I wouldn't. I think everything on earth has their place. Underground is not meant for living beings. :roll:

Wrong. Underground is not meant for human beings

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby keroppi » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:41 am

kamom wrote:Shopping is ok cos' you don't not sleep in there, eat in there. At most, you are only there for a few hours. A home underground...imagine the electricity bill - lights turn on all day and all night, air-con...living with underground cables --- any side effects in the long run?

I think it's more likely that our HDB flats will reach even higher heights than for us to move undergound.

keroppi
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:50 am

keroppi wrote:
kamom wrote:Shopping is ok cos' you don't not sleep in there, eat in there. At most, you are only there for a few hours. A home underground...imagine the electricity bill - lights turn on all day and all night, air-con...living with underground cables --- any side effects in the long run?

I think it's more likely that our HDB flats will reach even higher heights than for us to move undergound.

I think so too.

Last week, there is an article on the soil/rock conditions in Sg. Should be easy and cheaper to go up than to go down.

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:51 am

Where did you get the info that Sg has plans to build underground homes?

Jennifer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby dyh » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:25 am

Electric bill should not be an issue as they can tap solar power from above ground and use LED lights.

dyh
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Attolia » Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:29 am

Jennifer wrote:

Where did you get the info that Sg has plans to build underground homes?

I read this a while ago but didn't know how trustworthy it was.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/363211/lan ... -for-space

Attolia
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time