Mulberry Silk Quilt

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Mulberry Silk Quilt

Postby osim » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:24 pm

Getting a replacement for my old feather/down quilt.

Has anyone tried mulberry silk quilt? Heard good reviews of it being cooling, can adjust to our body temperature. Saw video of how the silk is laid into the covers and was quite impressed. Where's the best place to get it cheap and good locally? Saw the best price so far is $257 for Queen from JL after 30+20% discount, AKEMI brand. Didn't get because there wasn't the word Mulberry anywhere on the box but assistant insist that it is 100% mulberry silk.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Mulberry Silk Quilt

Postby cherrygal » Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:09 pm

I didn't know it was so expensive... MIL gave us 2 silk quilts from Shanghai. Think it's cheap there. But I read instructions not to wash the quilts. DS is the only one using it and he likes it but personally I prefer my summer quilts coz they can be washed in the machine.

cherrygal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Mulberry Silk Quilt

Postby osim » Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:40 pm

Yes, most mulberry silk duvet are OEM in China and it's very cheap there. The other countries just plonk their brand and mark up the price. I have decided to go back to my 40/60 down and feather duvet as we like it a little puffy. The silk one's are quite flat like a blanket.

osim
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Return to Recess Time