AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Re: Young people and stress

Post by AnneS » Tue May 07, 2019 11:52 am

foodie4stuff wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:34 pm
strawberry generation expects everything served on a silver platter. Sadly, this is the trend and there's no sign of reversal
I'm noticing this too. I am just hoping with the right guidance from parents, they will be able to stand on their own and be independent..

Poppypie
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:4

Post by Poppypie » Wed May 08, 2019 10:34 pm

Because parents are too protective that's why they can't handle things on their own

jho48109
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by jho48109 » Tue May 21, 2019 10:55 am

People around your children can bring different influence to them depending on what kind of people they are. It's not just how children are being raised. But how you raise your child absolutely has a huge impact to them.

leon T
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt
Total Likes:2

Post by leon T » Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am

to be fair, these "strawberry generation" faces much more stress in school than our generation, school life was much simpler back then ..

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by JassyT » Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 am

leon T wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am
to be fair, these "strawberry generation" faces much more stress in school than our generation, school life was much simpler back then ..
I agree! During our time, pressure is not that strong.. Instead of teaching kids the right way, they're now pressured to learn. :slapshead:

bluesky3000
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Post by bluesky3000 » Sat May 25, 2019 11:00 pm

This is why we must monitor our own children mood and behaivour and make sure ample communication is provided. It is really the worst to see your loved ones gone. Some cant even recover from that forever.

JassyT
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by JassyT » Wed May 29, 2019 10:50 am

I check my kids behavior every now and then and make sure we have an open communication. Being there for them can mean a lot.

AnneS
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:3

Post by AnneS » Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:07 pm

bluesky3000 wrote:
Sat May 25, 2019 11:00 pm
This is why we must monitor our own children mood and behaivour and make sure ample communication is provided. It is really the worst to see your loved ones gone. Some cant even recover from that forever.
agree!!! Simple communication changes everything. We will never know what they are going through unless we talk to them. Stress and pressure are everywhere no matter what, let's not add more to it for them.

T.Yeoh
KiasuNewbie
KiasuNewbie

Post by T.Yeoh » Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:11 pm

60% of young people (aged 18 to 24) have felt so stressed by pressure to succeed that they have felt overwhelmed or unable to cope.
47% of young people have felt so stressed by body image and appearance that they have felt overwhelmed or unable to cope.
57% of young people have felt so stressed because of fear of making mistakes they have felt overwhelmed or unable to cope.
39% of young people said they had experienced suicidal feelings because of stress.
29% of young people said they had self-harmed because of high levels of stress.

https://www.mentalhealth.org.uk/news/60 ... re-succeed

missyqiqi
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Post by missyqiqi » Wed Sep 11, 2019 9:45 pm

JassyT wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 10:19 am
leon T wrote:
Wed May 22, 2019 12:05 am
I agree! During our time, pressure is not that strong.. Instead of teaching kids the right way, they're now pressured to learn. :slapshead:
I agree. Because nowadays parents are educated, so sent the kids to a lot of enrichment, peer pressure etc. So a lot of teaching has to start from home. Like making them do housework, take up their own responsibility. When they receive setback or upset from outside, have to find out why instead of straight away agree with them. A lot of things needed to be done.

Last time my company used to hire interns, their self-entitlement is so strong. And after their work, they went out to play, but the parents called us up and asked why are they working so late. One is even worse, MIA from work, we failed him, the lecturer says cannot fail him. *faint*

So .. speechless.