Where should I send this request to?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Where should I send this request to?

Postby december21 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:50 pm

Hi all,

At the beginning of this year, the land located just beside my son's primary school is constructing new blocks of HDB flats. During this construction periods, there have been big trucks, lorries, vans and cement mixers driving in and out of the construction area. As there are only two routes from the school to home, almost half of the students will take this route. Recently, I realised there are quite a few times when these big vehicles enter/leave just within the after school timing. Our school ends at 1:30pm. I would like to make a request to restrict these vehicle from moving in/out from 1:30-2:00pm so as to ensure that within this 30mins period, our children can walk through the route safely.

May I know is this request too much? Where can I send the request to? LTA, HDB or the appointed contractor? Is it more effective for me to send in the request or the school?

Thank you!

december21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Re: Where should I send this request to?

Postby Dreamgear » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:07 am

Write to your MP

Dreamgear
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby december21 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:09 am

Dreamgear wrote:Write to your MP

Oh that's a good idea! Thanks!

december21
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:21 am

Usually a construction project will have huge sign board stating all details. You can write to the highest org on the signboard and then cc to your MP.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time