General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Postby sashimi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:44 pm

Or maybe we could all watch BSG and use "frak" ? ......... :wink:

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:46 pm

sashimi wrote:Or maybe we could all watch BSG and use "frak" ? ......... :wink:

Off-topic - sashimi a BSG fan?! I'm one too. Followed it religiously. Poor ending, though... it seemed like they were in a rush to finish it off.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sashimi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:53 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sashimi wrote:Or maybe we could all watch BSG and use "frak" ? ......... :wink:

Off-topic - sashimi a BSG fan?! I'm one too. Followed it religiously. Poor ending, though... it seemed like they were in a rush to finish it off.

Massively so! I've watched each season at least twice, sometimes 3-4 times. Didn't like the robots montage at the end, but I'm ok with the ending. More or less what I expected, but also a couple of surprise ideas. Could've been worse. And anyway they're not done, you know about the new Caprica series and The Plan right?

(Feel free to split this into new topic, heh. )

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:59 pm

sashimi wrote:Massively so! I've watched each season at least twice, sometimes 3-4 times. Didn't like the robots montage at the end, but I'm ok with the ending. More or less what I expected, but also a couple of surprise ideas. Could've been worse. And anyway they're not done, you know about the new Caprica series and The Plan right?

(Feel free to split this into new topic, heh. )

I know about the Caprica series... but not following it. Didn't know about The Plan, though. Is it another series? I though Caprica was the prequel?

The ending was indeed to be expected and with lots of eye candy, but there are some glaring holes which were never quite explained... eg. the existence of Kobol, the eye of Jupiter, how did the final 5 know about the supernova when they built the temple, etc. I just don't like threads dangling lor... (*hint* to buds).

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby sashimi » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:11 pm

I'm waiting for Caprica to be released as a series before I get it. Not keen on just buying the pilot....

The Plan: http://www.amazon.com/Battlestar-Galact ... 663&sr=8-1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/index.html?curid=20887118

Actually I still don't get Kara Thrace - what is she exactly?

You should visit this wiki: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kobol_(RDM)

I just printed 40 pages of stuff there to read. I confess I don't quite fully understand the Cylons' history by the end, so this looks quite helpful.

hahahha.. yeah sometimes buds reminds me of No.6.

sashimi
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:21 pm

sashimi wrote:... Actually I still don't get Kara Thrace - what is she exactly?

They say she's some kinda angel, just like Head 6 and Baltar, except she's visible to everybody.

... You should visit this wiki: http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Kobol_(RDM)

Been there, done that. I have trawled the entire world for BSG literature, and that wiki is the most comprehensive archive of BSG stuff.

... hahahha.. yeah sometimes buds reminds me of No.6.

Ahh... just don't let her get into your head :lol:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby schellen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:22 pm

Which season did I give up at? I rem it was the one where the doctor was prez and they were in some refugee-like camp. Maybe reading the 40-pg thing will get me started again? (Though I'm a bit more skewed towards Stargate at the moment.)

By the way, if buds googled No. 6, I'm sure her ego will go even more UP, based on photo alone. :wink:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby schellen » Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:25 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
sashimi wrote:... Actually I still don't get Kara Thrace - what is she exactly?

They say she's some kinda angel, just like Head 6 and Baltar, except she's visible to everybody.

Serious, ar? An angel who fights whenever she has the chance to, smokes cigars, gambles, drinks and swears like a sailor..... I idolise her even more now. (Started when she piloted tt Cylon raider thingy back to home base.) :rotflmao:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time