[Fun Poll 13] How satisfied are u wif ur child(ren) results?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

How satisfied are you with your child(ren) results?

Pleasantly surprised. Far Exceeded my expectations :boogie:
16%
Happy. Better than expected. :)
22%
Satisfied. About there lah .... :roll:
38%
Unhappy. Should have been better :(
18%
Surprised but in negative way. Need to re-assess tuition \ enrichment plans :cry:
6%

Total votes : 121

[Fun Poll 13] How satisfied are u wif ur child(ren) results?

Postby tankee » Tue May 21, 2013 9:50 pm

Just a fun poll to see how satisfied we are, being kiasu parents after spending how much on enrichment and tuition, with our child(ren) school results this year - 2013

:evil:

last 2 years' polls are here

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =1&t=27570

http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/forum ... =1&t=43767

tankee
Site Admin

Re: [Fun Poll 13] How satisfied are u wif ur child(ren) resu

Postby TheAnswer » Tue May 21, 2013 10:00 pm

I'm very satisfied. I would say DS did his own revision from 10 May onwards. I was busy with work and mil.

TheAnswer
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chloecube » Wed May 22, 2013 3:32 pm

sad to say, i am the disappointed one
DS and I had put in lots of effort for this SA1, but his results were very bad, his marks slipped alot compared to P4 SA2 result. (his school does not have CA)
i actually do expect a slip from P4 to P5, but didnt expect his result to drop so much
especially for this math, the only subject that i spentt a lot of time with him
in the end, he did the worst for that. he failed :(
english barely pass and chinese and science is ard 60 plus.

i duno what wrong i have done
told him, i am not helping him anymore, he shld go and plan his time and revision himself from now

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Wed May 22, 2013 3:46 pm

chloecube wrote:sad to say, i am the disappointed one
DS and I had put in lots of effort for this SA1, but his results were very bad, his marks slipped alot compared to P4 SA2 result. (his school does not have CA)
i actually do expect a slip from P4 to P5, but didnt expect his result to drop so much

told him, i am not helping him anymore, he shld go and plan his time and revision himself from now

Hi. He had put a lot of efforts so you should not stop helping him. He is just a child and even more confused than us on how to score well. If even we cannot figure out what went wrong, how can he figure out what went wrong?

When you got his papers back, you can check his papers and find out what caused the low marks. Is it careless mistakes? Is it his foundation not strong? or other problems (you can consult his teachers).

I am sure he is unhappy too that he didn't score well despite his hard work. At this time, he needs your moral support. Please don't make him feel that he has to face the future alone.

It is not easy to raise a child. We must persevere :snuggles:

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

1 people like this post

Postby Sun_2010 » Wed May 22, 2013 4:11 pm

Now is not the time to decide. you are too upset. take it easy for a week or so , when the hurt lessens. Then take stock.

Remember you are doing your best :-)

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chloecube » Wed May 22, 2013 5:16 pm

ngl2010 wrote:

Hi. He had put a lot of efforts so you should not stop helping him. He is just a child and even more confused than us on how to score well. If even we cannot figure out what went wrong, how can he figure out what went wrong?

When you got his papers back, you can check his papers and find out what caused the low marks. Is it careless mistakes? Is it his foundation not strong? or other problems (you can consult his teachers).

I am sure he is unhappy too that he didn't score well despite his hard work. At this time, he needs your moral support. Please don't make him feel that he has to face the future alone.

i cant figure out what went wrong with my teaching
i just got went thru his math paper, he failed on problem sums, and most of them i had practise with him many times before , i duno why he still cant do during exam, he said he was nervous
but i think it is more than just nervous

the exam question was set slightly differently, with the change of figures, he cant do already :(

but when i set it at home for him, he did it rite.. :slapshead:

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby chloecube » Wed May 22, 2013 5:20 pm

sometime, i felt like i had failed as a mother
i see so many of my frds and relative are not worried over their children exam, i seem to be the only one sweating over it
2 weeks prior to exam, i sat down with DS to go thru and revise. print out paper and go thru with him again and again. re-do and correct those mistake..but the end reuselt is such..makes me wonder if i shld just leave him to study on his own, maybe he can do better without me

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby mwchua » Wed May 22, 2013 5:28 pm

chloecube wrote:sometime, i felt like i had failed as a mother
i see so many of my frds and relative are not worried over their children exam, i seem to be the only one sweating over it
2 weeks prior to exam, i sat down with DS to go thru and revise. print out paper and go thru with him again and again. re-do and correct those mistake..but the end reuselt is such..makes me wonder if i shld just leave him to study on his own, maybe he can do better without me

Exactly same sentiment here...... :gloomy: :sad:

My P4 girl didn't quite below expectation for SA1....sigh...

I think there is a lot of catching up on foundation to be done!!! Her application skill is also quite weak. Initially I thought it's exam stress or answering technique....but when I looked through the paper, it seems more of fundamental understanding and concept application....

Very very worried :( :( I can only do so much after work every evening...weekends did send her for some classes, and before exam did go through with her some exam papers.......yet still do disappointing :(

I think I have failed quite miserably too!!!!

mwchua
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Postby ngl2010 » Wed May 22, 2013 5:31 pm

chloecube wrote:
ngl2010 wrote:

i cant figure out what went wrong with my teaching
i just got went thru his math paper, he failed on problem sums, and most of them i had practise with him many times before , i duno why he still cant do during exam, he said he was nervous
but i think it is more than just nervous

the exam question was set slightly differently, with the change of figures, he cant do already :(

but when i set it at home for him, he did it rite.. :slapshead:

Did he have enough sleep the night before? Did he still do practice papers the night before the exam?

ngl2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby chloecube » Wed May 22, 2013 5:37 pm

he did, i even let him relax a little before the exam day
he did tell me he was scare and nervous though, i console him by saying so long as he rememeber what he learn and calm down, he will be ok
but...haiz

chloecube
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time