Fake aspirin from China

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Fake aspirin from China

Postby tankee » Mon May 27, 2013 9:59 pm

RENNES: French customs officers have seized 1.2 million doses of counterfeit aspirin from China, the biggest haul of fake medicines ever in France and the EU, the economy ministry announced on Saturday.

The goods, seized on May 17 in the northwestern port of Le Havre, were hidden in a cargo of tea that arrived from China, the ministry said in a statement.

The powder was mostly glucose and contained no active ingredients.....

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asi ... 87354.html

tankee
Site Admin

Re: Fake aspirin from China

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue May 28, 2013 7:44 am

At least it is not harmful. Maybe useful as a placebo :evil:

Can even be used as a sugar-substitute. How many lumps of panadol would you like with your coffee, sir?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Dora1 » Tue May 28, 2013 8:52 am

Well, glucose is rightfully not harmful. But if you see the environment that they make in, sure will :sick: :sick: :sick:

Luckily this is just aspirin, a painkiller. No active ingredient at most pain just persist. Can you imagine if this is a high blood pressure or asthma drug? No active ingredient can potentially end up causing the death of the patient!! :stompfeet: :stompfeet: :stompfeet:

Dora1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Tue May 28, 2013 8:58 am

I think Aspirin not commonly used here. Donch remember any doctor prescribing this to me in all my life even though it's quite a household name.

Anyway, some years ago, I remember they found 'panadol' from M'sia that is made using flour.

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Sun_2010 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

Nebbermind wrote:I think Aspirin not commonly used here. Donch remember any doctor prescribing this to me in all my life even though it's quite a household name.

Anyway, some years ago, I remember they found 'panadol' from M'sia that is made using flour.

Aspirin is also prescribed for daily consumption for its blood thinning ability. So those with stents / blocks will be on it . An asprin is a good alternative in case of sudden emergencies of heart attack. One under the toungue while wating for the ambulance could potentially save a life. But if that was just glucose , :nailbite: Better check my standby cardiprin .

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby atrecord » Tue May 28, 2013 11:16 am

The saving grace is that this is for aspirin, and not used in any diabetes drug...

Imagine diabetes then give more sugar...

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby imwithchild » Tue May 28, 2013 11:42 am

it's scary... for such a big country, nothing is safe. milk power, rice and now medication

imwithchild
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby atrecord » Tue May 28, 2013 2:08 pm

imwithchild wrote:it's scary... for such a big country, nothing is safe. milk power, rice and now medication

But there is perhaps some good...
in most countries, if one uses rat poison, maybe there's a chance someone might accidentally consume it and die.
A colleague of mine was joking that in China this will likely not happen :wink:

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time