Which Parenting Magazine do you read?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Which Parenting Magazine do you read?

Postby SBKS » Tue May 28, 2013 5:48 pm

Hi,

would like to know if anyone reads parenting magazine and which is better? Do intro.

Or totally skip this and read childrens magazines?

thanks in advance.

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Which Parenting Magazine do you read?

Postby iLoveChubby » Tue May 28, 2013 6:14 pm

Who needs parenting magazines when we have KSP? :imcool:
I usually won't buy them, will just flip through at bookstores or at hair salons... I rather spend on kids' mags/books.. :smile:

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Imami » Tue May 28, 2013 10:40 pm

SBKS wrote:Hi,

would like to know if anyone reads parenting magazine and which is better? Do intro.

thanks in advance.

I read young parents and Singapore child mag. Been a subscriber for yp for a few years. Just picked up Singapore child (or is it sg children?) three issues back.

For those with babies, then can consider motherhood or mum and babe. I subscribed to both a few years back.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed May 29, 2013 3:44 pm

Er... why is this topic in Rants?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby SBKS » Wed May 29, 2013 5:17 pm

Imami wrote:
SBKS wrote:Hi,

thanks in advance.

I read young parents and Singapore child mag. Been a subscriber for yp for a few years. Just picked up Singapore child (or is it sg children?) three issues back.

For those with babies, then can consider motherhood or mum and babe. I subscribed to both a few years back.

so how is YP content? good? i see some issues ok some not. and they gt digital versions.

SG child nvr hear before. but noth must be different otherwise you wouldnt subscribe.

can compare their differences?

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby SBKS » Wed May 29, 2013 5:18 pm

iLoveChubby wrote:Who needs parenting magazines when we have KSP? :imcool:
I usually won't buy them, will just flip through at bookstores or at hair salons... I rather spend on kids' mags/books.. :smile:

ok thanks.

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby SBKS » Wed May 29, 2013 5:19 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Er... why is this topic in Rants?

Chief, I cant find anywhere to post this topic. i saw some threads for childrens mag but no parents mag.

Do let me know where if there is one.

sorry that I mess up.

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby Imami » Wed May 29, 2013 5:52 pm

SBKS wrote:so how is YP content? good? i see some issues ok some not. and they gt digital versions.

SG child nvr hear before. but noth must be different otherwise you wouldnt subscribe.

in my personal opinion, yp is the best bet if u only want to subscribe to one magazine. If you read such mags widely and regularly, you would realize that the content sort of get "recycled" here and there.

Sg child is a refreshing change. For one, it has a section on recycling art and craft. They give ideas and demo on what u can do with a tissue paper box for instance. They also provide ideas on activities you can do with your children with a book. Recently, they touched on charlotte's web and Eric carle's hungry caterpillar.

Sg child also comes with a kid's mag. One price for two mag. $4.50.

I started reading sg child when my colleague recommended me on a feature write up they did on the roles of each parent, what the father can/shd do and what mothers can/shd do.

So far, into the third issue, I find their articles original and throws up a brand new perspective.

Imami
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Harlequin » Wed May 29, 2013 8:11 pm

Agree with Imami.... a lots of contents are recycled... I did not renew my subscription, instead now I go online to read blogs and forums... plenty of good reads online.

Harlequin
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SBKS » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Imami wrote:
SBKS wrote:so how is YP content? good? i see some issues ok some not. and they gt digital versions.

in my personal opinion, yp is the best bet if u only want to subscribe to one magazine. If you read such mags widely and regularly, you would realize that the content sort of get "recycled" here and there.

Sg child is a refreshing change. For one, it has a section on recycling art and craft. They give ideas and demo on what u can do with a tissue paper box for instance. They also provide ideas on activities you can do with your children with a book. Recently, they touched on charlotte's web and Eric carle's hungry caterpillar.

Sg child also comes with a kid's mag. One price for two mag. $4.50.

I started reading sg child when my colleague recommended me on a feature write up they did on the roles of each parent, what the father can/shd do and what mothers can/shd do.

So far, into the third issue, I find their articles original and throws up a brand new perspective.

thanks imami. really good review.

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Next

Return to Recess Time