Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres

Loud and Wet shouting match

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Re: Loud and Wet shouting match

Postby Sun_2010 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:04 am

Nebbermind wrote:Sometimes I wonder....if I'm able-bodied, but on a particular day, I felt sick...or my back is acting up and I need to sit down...am I less deserving?

Very valid point. An able-bodied man sitting down when there are elderly, and women standing is something that we look down upon. I have been guilty of this too.

DH has experienced this. Since the day we met, he usually never sits even when there are seats available, train half empty ( those were the days ...). But a few years ago , he had some back/nerves issues , that made him feel very weak sometimes. He took cabs mostly, but peak hour from city - meant long waits which was equally bad. So when we went by mrt, he would feel embarrassed to sit even in the non-reserved seats. There were times , he got off , sat in the station benches for 5-10 mins for the discomfort to pass and then boarded train.

Of course, I no longer pass judgement when I see people sitting on the reserved seat.

Sun_2010
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Thu May 30, 2013 10:06 am

concern2 wrote: Or start digging your nose and start looking around at a spot to flick.

Donch remind me!!

The flashback is so vivid!!

bus74...sat down....boy next to me started digging ear....saw whole chunk of wax on his nail before he flicked it :sick:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Thu May 30, 2013 10:10 am

Nebbermind wrote:
concern2 wrote: Or start digging your nose and start looking around at a spot to flick.

Donch remind me!!

The flashback is so vivid!!

bus74...sat down....boy next to me started digging ear....saw whole chunk of wax on his nail before he flicked it :sick:

:rotflmao:
Maybe he was hoping it was the young pretty girl behind you who would sit down next to him...

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Previous

Return to Recess Time

Find Tuition/Enrichment Centres