Hawker Centre Cleaning Issue

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Hawker Centre Cleaning Issue

Postby concern2 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

So much has been talked about in the news and social media about the hawker centre cleaning issue that I lost track and couldn't be bothered to follow - until I read this blog post:

Ng Kok Khim in the hawker centre cleaning spat

Thanks to TRE for uncovering this. I believe many of us are tired of this unending spat but with evidence like this we need to return once more.

Mr. Ng Kok Khim is the Chairman of the Blk 538 Market Association is also a PAP member and PA grassroot leader. Very curious isn't it?

Such people are only serving to take us to new depths of cynicism.

And someone better informed and following this more closely put it best.

Vladimir Tepes Sylvia Lim; Vivian Balakrishnan: I am very perturbed by this news. It appears that a certain ng kok khim, supposedly the Chairman of the Blk 538 Market Association, has called for a quotation for ATL Maintenance to carry out high level cleaning without going through the AHPETC. This dovetails nicely with what Ms. Sylvia Lim has said.

While I'm very sure that mr. ng must have had very good reasons for doing so, nonetheless it is very troubling that he did not come forward to clarify the issue and instead allowed it to be blown out of all proportion.

I believe you when you said that the NEA and the hawkers are honest people. That being the case, can you get mr. ng to clear this matter up? I'm sure you'll have no problems getting him to do it since he's a pap grassroots leader. It's distracting you and the NEA from far more pressing issues like the current dengue epidemic.

(Source: http://blogging4myself.blogspot.sg/2013 ... aning.html)

Re: Hawker Centre Cleaning Issue

Postby Nebbermind » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:50 pm

I heard not followed closely with this but somehow it seemed like the stall owners had been surprisingly quiet throughout the whole episode while the NEA has become their spokesperson. Kinda a curious situation, ya?

Postby Jennifer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:52 pm

Public resources can be better utilised.

Postby esme38 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:57 pm

Frankly I lost track of the long saga. Too winding. Why cannot they just sit down and work together for the sake of hawker. I pitied those hawkers. I have been eating at the hawker centre for nearly 25 years. Seen the newspapers report and there is the hawker I recognised...he looks sandwiched!! :?

Return to Recess Time