June holiday is over...time for school!!!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
teaberry
GreenBelt
GreenBelt
Total Likes:13

Re: June holiday is over...time for school!!!

Post by teaberry » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:23 am

janet_lee88 wrote:hi teaberry,

my son has been complaining day and night about having to attend school.
yes, he hopes the haze returns...and i told him, NO WAY.
thank goodness for the heavy rain last night.

6 months has passed...it has passed so fast !!! another 6 months more and he will be in sec 2 :nailbite:

Think by today, the kids have kinda accept the fact that clear skies are here to stay, well, at least for the time being.

School days are part and parcel of life for growing up children. When they are schooling, they yearn for play....,when they grow up and eventually go into the workforce and earn a living, they miss their good old school days.

Life is like that. People don't seem to appreciate what they have on hand.

buds
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:86

Post by buds » Fri Jul 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Sun_2010 wrote:
buds wrote:Hubs does the school runs so both my DDs said their goodbyes to me yesterday, before they turned in. DD2 said, "I'm going to miss u at school tomorrow, mom. I'm not staying back so I will rush home from school to help you with the boys, ok?"

:cry: So touched!

Excuse me buds but are your DDs from another planet ? :wink:

DS was couldnt wait for recess play time. DD was all excited too in her muted style. Mum is not a word they are not likely to recollect till they come back home.

We get the children we deserve , dont we? :roll:
A :hugs: for your DD

tankee wrote:
buds wrote:Another planet? :rotflmao:

They couldn't wait to get back especially DD2 and the minute i opened the door, she said she missed me & the boys so much and asked if our day went well. She went straight to hug both her baby brothers as they shouted her name. They went kissy kissy huggy-wuggy like they didn't see each other for a long time. The youngest brother waited in front of the bathroom for her to finish showering so they could play awhile before she had to have her lunch followed by homework.

After she helped to wash the dishes and DD1 helped to mind the boys, she said, "Mom, I texted you earlier to ask if you needed help to get anything from the market but you didn't reply. I was worried, I thought surely you were busy with the boys to reply, so I rushed home. Did you need anything? Any missing ingredients to cook or anything?"

I missed her text because I had to tend to chubs who was a lil cranky when he woke up and after that I was here... busy ksp-ing. :oops:

Own up please ! What have you been feeding your DD1?

It was DD2. :wink: She used to be the neglected middle child when we had chubs. She told us as-a-matter-of-factly, that she doesn't get much bonding with us. :shock: I guess we have been guilty of that because she has been so independent so much so she was a little ignored. So, made it a conscious effort on my part to spend time with her everyday, to which she thoroughly enjoys. :please:

Both DD1 and DD2 are my good little helpers. Food?? :lol: Aside from them all being breastfed for quite long (DD1 almost 2yrs & DD2 almost 4yrs :faint:), they get to eat anything they like and anything good we can afford but of course knowing me, it does not have to be healthy food all the time. :imanangel:

I suppose for most of it is that I have been a very big part of their lives. We go through everything together be they joyous moments, challenging ones or the occasions where we are tested to our limits we thought we couldn't overcome..

I suppose we are pretty involved and close in a way and here for one another as much as possible, to share our happiness and our struggles....... together. Be they kiddie doses or adult versions.

PS : I go everywhere lugging my 4, so even at the market the vendors, the fast food joints, the supermarket, the mall, etc.. so they know where to go for the best prices, where to get baking supplies, how to buy meals for the family etc So, in a way, they get daily doses of life revolving around everything we gotta do every day. This way, we appreciate one another (in the family) for even the simplest things we do and this appreciation has come to bear fruit. :love:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:136

Post by janet88 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:31 am

School holidays are over...after the first week of school, kids should have got used to schedule again...I always remind my kids to study hard because that is the only responsibility they have...once they go out to work, they have work pressure/office politics. So enjoy and treasure the time spent in school now.

Kids will never understand the urgency of having to study hard now...and as parents we do not want them to regret, which will be too late.
So we have to keep drumming the importance now.

For those of us already done with school, we should also be contended with our lot. Health is wealth. So, be happy and look on the brighter side.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:30

Post by SAHM_TAN » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:24 am

I differ a bit.

Studying is not my kids' only responsibility. :smile:

ImMeeMee
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:23

Post by ImMeeMee » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:56 am

With a special needs child in my brood of three, I have come to learn to moderate my expectations. As long as they are healthy and generally happy, the rest of their achievements is a bonus.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:06 am

my son is tuned into the singapore school system...doing ok.
daughter is slow, very slow and requires lots of patience and motivation.
as such, i have lower expectations for her...as long as she understands her work, puts in effort, that is an achievement.

Champion
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:44

Post by Champion » Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:19 am

janet_lee88 wrote:my son is tuned into the singapore school system...doing ok.
daughter is slow, very slow and requires lots of patience and motivation.
as such, i have lower expectations for her...as long as she understands her work, puts in effort, that is an achievement.

"Every child progresses differently. Avoid making comparisons with other children and do not make her feel like a failure when she does badly. This will lower your child's self-esteem and self-worth which will in turn make her less eager to learn and less motivated to try her best. Instead, praise your child for her efforts and discuss how she can improve her performance gradually."

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:54 am

Yes, lower any expectations with a slower child...then any progress made is a big bonus. I have learnt not to expect...or else she will be stressed and I will be more stressed. It's not worth it....I need to keep energy (physically and mentally) for them. After last year's madness, this year is a 'holiday' of some kind...if you know what I mean.