Apply HDB New Flat Income > $8,000, Can Appeal?

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Apply HDB New Flat Income > $8,000, Can Appeal?

Postby titank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:15 am

Hi All,

Anyone apply new flat where income exceeds $8,000 is successful? Understand can be appeal right? Any experienced people to share how go about it?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Apply HDB New Flat Income > $8,000, Can Appeal?

Postby qms » Fri Oct 02, 2009 11:54 am

titank wrote:Anyone apply new flat where income exceeds $8,000 is successful? Understand can be appeal right? Any experienced people to share how go about it?

Hi Titank!

I have no experience, but I read from some other forum sites that some people, especially those paid on commission basis, appealed sucessfully. In addition, if you are marginally above $8k, likelihood of success will also be higher.

qms
ClassMonitor
ClassMonitor

Postby schellen » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:00 pm

I was wondering if they consider disposable income? If you can prove with legal documents that HDB flats are more "suitable" for your disposable income, will they consider appeal?

(Note: I have no experience with such cases and definitely don't have household income >8K.)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:02 pm

schellen wrote:I was wondering if they consider disposable income? If you can prove with legal documents that HDB flats are more "suitable" for your disposable income, will they consider appeal?

(Note: I have no experience with such cases and definitely don't have household income >8K.)

Seem quite confused on the purchase of new HDB flat.Guess HDB still remains at max income is 8K to purchase new flat! Guess this conditions had been exist for donkey years I think.

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:42 pm

Wow... Good chance to upgrade to private mar!

Then retirement plan (when income lower), use tis chance to apply for new flat lar!

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:44 pm

winth wrote:Wow... Good chance to upgrade to private mar!

Then retirement plan (when income lower), use tis chance to apply for new flat lar!

Private property beyond my reach! Maybe a big big house in Indonesia (Batam) can consider for retirement. :shock:

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby mrswongtuition » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:47 pm

My friend appealed successfully, but his is commission-based income, very unstable income, sometimes can be more than 10k, sometimes only 3-4k.

My neighbour actually went on unpaid leave for half year while they were in the process of purchasing their flat, plus trying for a baby. So their combined income for that year was within limit when they book the flat. Subsequently when they collected the keys, they were told that since their income at the time of booking (3 yrs ago) was within limit, they are allowed to collect keys (cos they thought cannot, so they were panicking also).

mrswongtuition
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:50 pm

mrswongtuition wrote:My friend appealed successfully, but his is commission-based income, very unstable income, sometimes can be more than 10k, sometimes only 3-4k.

My neighbour actually went on unpaid leave for half year while they were in the process of purchasing their flat, plus trying for a baby. So their combined income for that year was within limit when they book the flat. Subsequently when they collected the keys, they were told that since their income at the time of booking (3 yrs ago) was within limit, they are allowed to collect keys (cos they thought cannot, so they were panicking also).

Wow big sacrifice to go unpaid leave, guess just go try appeal & see what is the outcome!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby MMM » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:58 pm

No experience in this but feel that they should visit this donkey years long ruling. Maybe they didn't consider inflation rate.

It seems to favor those young couples who are fresh from school (where their income is still low). Alot of my friends who have been working for min. 10 yrs easily hit that cap on just 1 income (so dun mention 2). Just imagine those couples who only meet in their 30's but already hit the cap do they have to resort to resale???

Earning marginally over 8k or even 10k might not be sufficient to go for pte housing without feeling the stretch.

MMM
Councillor
Councillor

Postby titank » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:05 pm

MMM wrote:No experience in this but feel that they should visit this donkey years long ruling. Maybe they didn't consider inflation rate.

It seems to favor those young couples who are fresh from school (where their income is still low). Alot of my friends who have been working for min. 10 yrs easily hit that cap on just 1 income (so dun mention 2). Just imagine those couples who only meet in their 30's but already hit the cap do they have to resort to resale???

Earning marginally over 8k or even 10k might not be sufficient to go for pte housing without feeling the stretch.

Wow maybe I quit my job then apply new flat? Go work in Macdonald's then should have low income right?

Agree with you that 8k, 10K don't think can stay in Pte Estate!

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time