MINDS Car Wash @ Telok Blangah SPC

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

MINDS Car Wash @ Telok Blangah SPC

Postby ZacK » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:25 pm

Happened to pass by SPC Telok Blangah and decided to have my car washed there instead of my regular car wash at Bt Merah.

I didnt get it at first when I saw the little notice stating MINDS Car Wash... Only when I approached the washing bay then I found out what it was. Anyway I thought it's a good idea and definitely a way to create job opportunities for people who may otherwise not be easily employed. This gives the MINDS people there a sense of purpose, helps them to assimilate into society and also to earn some allowance for themselves.

There were 4 people at any one time foam washing the car, 2 people in charged of jet spraying the car clean, followed by 3 people wiping the car dry. Not sure if it is always this arrangement, but my guess is may be easier to train each person to wash the same part of the car every time.

They guarantee a clean wash otherwise you may ask for a re-wash FOC... In any case, it's not for the super fussy driver that needs every inch of your car sponged and every drop of water wiped off... My car wasn't very dirty to start off with but I think it's acceptable by my standards.

So if you happen to drive by there... Pop by to have your car washed if you have time... At least helps to keep these people employed ;)
Last edited by ZacK on Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: MINDS Car Wash @ Telok Blangah SPC

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:27 pm

ZacK wrote:... I didnt get it at first when I saw the little notice stating MINDS Car Wash...

Thanks for the heads up, ZacK! Will definitely look out for it.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ZacK » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:28 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ZacK wrote:... I didnt get it at first when I saw the little notice stating MINDS Car Wash...

Thanks for the heads up, ZacK! Will definitely look out for it.

:celebrate: Have a good weekend ahead :)

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby titank » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:09 pm

ZacK wrote:Happened to pass by SPC Telok Blangah and decided to have my car washed there instead of my regular car wash at Bt Merah.

I didnt get it at first when I saw the little notice stating MINDS Car Wash... Only when I approached the washing bay then I found out what it was. Anyway I thought it's a good idea and definitely a way to create job opportunities for people who may otherwise not be easily employed. This gives the MINDS people there a sense of purpose, helps them to assimilate into society and also to earn some allowance for themselves.

There were 4 people at any one time foam washing the car, 2 people in charged of jet spraying the car clean, followed by 3 people wiping the car dry. Not sure if it is always this arrangement, but my guess is may be easier to train each person to wash the same part of the car every time.

They guarantee a clean wash otherwise you may ask for a re-wash FOC... In any case, it's not for the super fussy driver that needs every inch of your car sponged and every drop of water wiped off... My car wasn't very dirty to start off with but I think it's acceptable by my standards.

So if you happen to drive by there... Pop by to have your car washed if you have time... At least helps to keep these people employed ;)

Hi Zack,

Is this interior & exterior car wash? Is there any tyre shine service being provided?

titank
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:26 pm

insider wrote:
ZacK wrote:

Zack, I will go and try.

How much did you pay?

I couldnt see the sign for the pricing... But I paid $7 for my wash... Usually I pay $8 for my SUV :roll:

As long as they can clean my car exterior reasonably well... Will continue to go to them :D
Last edited by ZacK on Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:29 pm

titank wrote:
ZacK wrote:Happened to pass by SPC Telok Blangah and decided to have my car washed there instead of my regular car wash at Bt Merah.

Hi Zack,

Is this interior & exterior car wash? Is there any tyre shine service being provided?

I think they have interior vacuuming... Not sure abt tyre shine tho :oops:

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Sat Oct 10, 2009 11:46 pm

If my eyes and memory are not failing me:

Their operating hours are:

Weekdays (Mon - Fri) : 9am - 9pm
Weekends (Sat & Sun) : 9am - 5pm

Missed them by 1 hour today so had to go to my regular car wash.

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby tony » Sun Oct 11, 2009 5:03 pm

Tks for the info and giving us the opportunity to help, Zack. Will try it out next week.

tony
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby ZacK » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:04 pm

tony wrote:Tks for the info and giving us the opportunity to help, Zack. Will try it out next week.

Thanks :celebrate: Just sharing what I feel is a worthy cause :D

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ZacK » Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:40 pm

ZacK wrote:If my eyes and memory are not failing me:

Their operating hours are:

Weekdays (Mon - Fri) : 9am - 9pm
Weekends (Sat & Sun) : 9am - 5pm
Public Holidays : CLOSED

Missed them by 1 hour today so had to go to my regular car wash.

Just an update... Didnt see the sign but I was there on Deepavali holiday before 5pm and they were closed...

ZacK
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time