Personality - Myer Birggs Test

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Personality - Myer Birggs Test

Postby SBKS » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:13 pm

Hi all,

Need to find out if there is any other better tests than the Myer briggs?

http://www.personalitypage.com/html/high-level.html

http://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

There are some test in the above links that might need to pay, please AVOID them.

I read up and find out that I am in between ISTJ and ESTJ.

Yes, it can be in between according to the book I borrowed from Library.
Link.
Paul D Tieger.

So trying to confirm if I am really in between or just "like that".

Anyone has any info to share on this?

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Re: Personality - Myer Birggs Test

Postby ChiefKiasu » Sun Jul 14, 2013 10:17 pm

SBKS wrote:Hi all,

There are some test in the above links that might need to pay, please AVOID them.

Link.
Paul D Tieger.

Interesting. Thanks for the link to the free personality test. It is good if we have some indication of who we are.

However, IMO personality tests fail from a major issue, which is that it measures primarily what we think of ourselves. Is that a true measure of our personality? Can we really fairly rate ourselves? :shrug:

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby tutormum » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:36 am

D3 took it in his school and recommended that I took it for fun. Quite accurate, I should say, about 90%. It's a good way for students to understand themselves and parents to learn how to cater to their children's learning style.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Geraldinelim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:42 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Link.
Paul D Tieger.

Interesting. Thanks for the link to the free personality test. It is good if we have some indication of who we are.

However, IMO personality tests fail from a major issue, which is that it measures primarily what we think of ourselves. Is that a true measure of our personality? Can we really fairly rate ourselves? :shrug:

It's true...i'll get my hubby to do for me..will be fun!
Geraldinelim
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Geraldinelim » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:44 am

thanks for sharing!
Geraldinelim
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Nebbermind » Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:16 am

Thanks for sharing....

methink me cool! :imcool:

ISFP - The Artist

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.

Must ask me wife how much truth in this!! :rotflmao:

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby him4mixer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:30 am

fyi, some of the IP schools use these personality tests for the cohort. Useful information for the Form/Civic tutor.

him4mixer
YellowBelt
YellowBelt

Postby SBKS » Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:16 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:

Link.
Paul D Tieger.

i duno what you meant by "think of ourselves". :?

the site i listed is to share the types of personality there are by Myer Briggs. But which you belong to is up to you to decide. so it this deciding portion the think of ourselves?

Decide mainly on did all these things that they mentioned happen to you? did it not happen to you? slowly, you answer the questions and slowly you find yourself falling into 1 or 2 of the categories.

The sites do not really justify myer briggs theory. But the book in library by Paul D Tieger do explained thoroughly what it is and how you can arrive at each category. They gt EBOOK too. :smile:

Does anyone know of any other such tests?

Anyone fall between 2 categories like me?

SBKS
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

Postby ChiefKiasu » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:14 am

SBKS wrote:
ChiefKiasu wrote:Interesting. Thanks for the link to the free personality test. It is good if we have some indication of who we are.

i duno what you meant by "think of ourselves". :?

the site i listed is to share the types of personality there are by Myer Briggs. But which you belong to is up to you to decide. so it this deciding portion the think of ourselves?

Decide mainly on did all these things that they mentioned happen to you? did it not happen to you? slowly, you answer the questions and slowly you find yourself falling into 1 or 2 of the categories....

What I meant was that our answers to the questions is very much subject to "what we want to be" rather than "what we really are". Everytime I do a personality test, I find myself examining the questions to try to understand why the question is being asked. Consciously or subconsciously, we might answer the questions in a way that justifies the outcome. For example, if we want to be seen as being fact-driven, well structured, determined, we will choose to answer those question in a way to present us in that light.

My criticism is not specifically targeted at the myer briggs theory, but rather personality tests that rely solely on the individual's responses to questions. IMO, we can get a far better accurate reading from those who know us... spouse, family, friends and maybe even foes. And that is assuming they are willing to criticise you to your face :)

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Funz » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:49 am

Nebbermind wrote:Thanks for sharing....

methink me cool! :imcool:

ISFP - The Artist

Quiet, serious, sensitive and kind. Do not like conflict, and not likely to do things which may generate conflict. Loyal and faithful. Extremely well-developed senses, and aesthetic appreciation for beauty. Not interested in leading or controlling others. Flexible and open-minded. Likely to be original and creative. Enjoy the present moment.

Must ask me wife how much truth in this!! :rotflmao:

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Sorry cannot help laughing. Especially the part about quiet, serious.. and do not like conflict.

Funz
Councillor
Councillor

Next

Return to Recess Time