General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com
pirate
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:173

Re: Kovan double death

Post by pirate » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:47 pm

phtthp wrote:CHC case will just drag on and on
Never mind. Still got lots of people queuing up to donate to their legal expenses. :duck:

laughingcat
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:15

Post by laughingcat » Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:51 pm

pirate wrote: Never mind. Still got lots of people queuing up to donate to their legal expenses. :duck:
Huh? Still have people doing that? :yikes:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:135

Post by janet88 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:03 pm

it doesn't require more than 6 months to decide if that person is mentally fit to stand trial...it's just a delay tactic, but I don't think people forget that easily. my heart goes out to the 2 young boys and their mother most. why did the father and husband died? why did the older man die?

atrecord
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:6

Post by atrecord » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:35 am

MMM wrote:Everytime we drive past the mosque which is something regular since we live in that area, I can't help but recall the blood trail that we saw on the road and news on how the younger man have been dragged by the car driven by that guy....

I hope justice is served fast to enable the family to have closure.
I live near there too, and drive past quite often too. Wife will pass by everyday… It was really horrible to have dragged the body all the way for so far. And how/why was the body finally dislodged? One colleague during lunch at the vegetarian restaurant recently said the body was decapitated so dislodged. :pray: Really hope it wasn't the case…

I was completely unaware of it that day, as i take another route home. But later in the night, when heard about it, could actually see the blue tent from one end of my place. :sweat:

Northeast used to be quite peaceful, but the last ~10 yr quite uncharacteristic. Still remembered the one-eyed dragon case where gun was fired in the early morning in HDB… I was staying just one bus stop away at that time, and DC were still so young. Freaked me out...

sinoboy
BlackBelt
BlackBelt
Total Likes:18

Post by sinoboy » Wed Oct 08, 2014 9:58 am

janet_lee88 wrote:it doesn't require more than 6 months to decide if that person is mentally fit to stand trial...it's just a delay tactic, but I don't think people forget that easily. my heart goes out to the 2 young boys and their mother most. why did the father and husband died? why did the older man die?
Old news may shed light.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaoYtWd6Da4
:scared:

Lexmark
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by Lexmark » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:16 pm

coolbreeze wrote:
laughingcat wrote:Still no news hor. :shrug:
Yalor, how come? Is the case too overly complicated? But our CID very competent wor.
:shrug:

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:20 pm

our men in blue are very efficient and effective in solving cases...but after finding the suspect, they just keep quiet about it for so long.

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:22

Post by tutormum » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:42 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:our men in blue are very efficient and effective in solving cases...but after finding the suspect, they just keep quiet about it for so long.
Once investigation is done, the case will be referred to the AG's Chambers to decide whether there is enough evidence to prosecute. Nothing to do with men in blue any more.

janet88
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Post by janet88 » Tue Oct 14, 2014 11:22 pm

tutormum wrote:
janet_lee88 wrote:our men in blue are very efficient and effective in solving cases...but after finding the suspect, they just keep quiet about it for so long.
Once investigation is done, the case will be referred to the AG's Chambers to decide whether there is enough evidence to prosecute. Nothing to do with men in blue any more.
then AG must be very busy with many many cases queuing up :evil:

tutormum
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster
Total Likes:22

Post by tutormum » Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:21 pm

janet_lee88 wrote:
tutormum wrote:
then AG must be very busy with many many cases queuing up :evil:
Right, that's why some cases have to queue a year to be heard and cases like CHC will take years for final verdict. Wait lor.