what you guys think??

http://i.imgur.com/7x1rDcT.jpg

raysusan
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: Singaporean PMET?

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:27 am

Think it is true to a group of PMET.

Some employers feedback new graduates expect more starting pay, unrealistic salary expectations.

Those that accept perceived low starting salary expect fast promotion. If not promoted fast enough will job hop.

Also feedback that they are calculative, like if work extra hours will expect off.

Also not great team player

Also if have achievements dunno how to "sell" themselves. But hor some sell too much of themselves LOL

Lack the experience/skills to handle regional level position.

BUT as in every situation there are good and bad. Those who belong in the bad group will stagnant in career and those in good group will excel.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Oppsgal » Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:54 pm

They are just being realistic?

If need to do OT everyday, not pay extra, then what is the working hours for? Might as well said work 24/7?

Entering work force, and accept low pay, then the next time go interview, employer will question on the salary and expect to give the similar amount.

Job is a job, work for money... If pay low, have to work long hours, will anyone take the job?

Oppsgal
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby SAHM_TAN » Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:22 pm

Oppsgal wrote:They are just being realistic?

If need to do OT everyday, not pay extra, then what is the working hours for? Might as well said work 24/7?

Entering work force, and accept low pay, then the next time go interview, employer will question on the salary and expect to give the similar amount.

Job is a job, work for money... If pay low, have to work long hours, will anyone take the job?

If quit and go to work in another company, surely it must be becos of increased in salary then join?

My post about the starting salary was on feedback about new graduates at entry point salary.

I guess technician might be eligible for OT pay? When I post, I was thinking more about Manager and Executives. I guess for professionals like docs and lawyers, they would factor fees for after normal working hours. I remember someone telling me for caesarean conduct at unearthly hours, gynae do charge more.

My post was not about OT everyday. I guess there are jobs that might be possible to OT everyday....... like teachers? I know trs from my dd1's school work on wkends, not becos of CCAs. I know trs marking papers in the evening during wkday and on wkends too.

There are pple with no choice so they will take low paying, long working hours jobs.

SAHM_TAN
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time