I Love KSP forum!

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

I Love KSP forum!

Postby mathsparks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:06 am

:thankyou: chief for setting it up and the mods for keeping it clean and clutter free...and everyone else for contributing.

Great site..for night owls like me. Should hit the sack now!

PS: Wasn't intending to post these couple of weeks, since it's PSLE time..must behave like a responsible mummy. But it's hard to resist visiting. One of us here must be cheesy so why not me. Anyway sincere thanks..not joking...or sleep talking. Good night. gtg :snooze:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: I Love KSP forum!

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:22 am

mathsparks wrote::thankyou: chief for setting it up and the mods for keeping it clean and clutter free...and everyone else for contributing.

Great site..for night owls like me. Should hit the sack now!

PS: Wasn't intending to post these couple of weeks, since it's PSLE time..must behave like a responsible mummy. But it's hard to resist visiting. One of us here must be cheesy so why not me. Anyway sincere thanks..not joking...or sleep talking. Good night. gtg :snooze:

Thank you mathsparks. Well, we saw you hard at work at the PSLE Math, Science and English threads learning stuff to give your child that edge, so there's no need to feel guilty about visiting us :) .

I sense a great relief in you that PSLE is at least starting, so you can finally stand down from all that "pushing" :) Indeed, it is much better for the child to stay relax and stress free during this period, instead of trying to squeeze in that last bit of science fact, better to spend time exercising like jogging or swimming.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby Eagle-Ladybird » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 am

Being a father, I visit other forums of interest as well i.e. cars and other hobbies. And I must say that I find KSP very different. The community and comments here, are more often than not, filled with warmth, empathy, sympathy, kind and civilised gestures

It has to do with the female species (being dominant in numbers here). Very often I'll read the threads out to my wife, and we'll laugh over it (in a positive sense), compared to those from other forums !

Like what Ted Turner once said (not sure whether it's originally from him) that it's about time women rule the world. There will be more peace on earth. Men has ****ed it up badly (this was said shortly after US invaded Iraq)

Cheers to all the mothers :celebrate:

Eagle-Ladybird
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby schellen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:59 am

Eagle-Ladybird wrote:Like what Ted Turner once said (not sure whether it's originally from him) that it's about time women rule the world. There will be more peace on earth. Men has ****ed it up badly (this was said shortly after US invaded Iraq)

With just this quote, you already have something (else besides parenting) in common with my DH, sashimi. (Psst, he's not into the typical male stuff like sports, cars and beer. Even for photography, he avoids those forums. He likes model kits though.) :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby jedamum » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:08 am

schellen wrote:With just this quote, you already have something (else besides parenting) in common with my DH, sashimi. (Psst, he's not into the typical male stuff like sports, cars and beer. Even for photography, he avoids those forums. He likes model kits though.) :)

Typical male is typically into sports, cars and beer?
I thought typical male is into games? :wink:
My dh only visits his games forum...all they discuss is about strategies and plotting on how to take over certain clans yadayada. :roll: I find it stressful, he said that such is a stress-reliever. :roll:

jedamum
Councillor
Councillor

Postby schellen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:13 am

jedamum, ya, that too but I also play games*. After all, I don't see myself as a typical female. (My sis and I are too tomboy already. sashimi had to "train" me to be more feminine. Hahahaha....)

*Not the simple solitaire, tetris kind. I like RPGs too and used to like FPS too. Er, dunno if you understand the acronyms. :wink:

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby winth » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:16 am

That makes 3 hubbies like that then! :lol:

DH doesn't like sports (golf, soccer - Manchester wat?, F1) or cars or beer. He likes computer games too, more on the straightforward war (build, destroy, takeover) and talking about his dream business and retiring early with loads of $.

He depends on me to feed him forum feedback on KSP for all the great parenting tips cos he indulges in investment and property forums.

winth
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby lifestylelink » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:21 am

It is really a dump question but can someone tell me what does DD, DH, DS etc.. stands for?

lifestylelink
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby schellen » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:40 am

lifestylelink wrote:It is really a dump question but can someone tell me what does DD, DH, DS etc.. stands for?

Here you go: http://www.kiasuparents.com/kiasu/KSPAcronyms :)

schellen
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Re: I Love KSP forum!

Postby mathsparks » Wed Oct 07, 2009 3:40 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:Thank you mathsparks. Well, we saw you hard at work at the PSLE Math, Science and English threads learning stuff to give your child that edge, so there's no need to feel guilty about visiting us :) .

I sense a great relief in you that PSLE is at least starting, so you can finally stand down from all that "pushing" :) Indeed, it is much better for the child to stay relax and stress free during this period, instead of trying to squeeze in that last bit of science fact, better to spend time exercising like jogging or swimming.

Hey chief, I where got hard at work in the psle subject threads..Actually I avoid them, coz if I do visit them, I'll end up asking son if he knows how to do those qns. :wink: Then he asked why I so kiasu.

Son is actually quite relaxed..prefer surfing wiki and reading his books..last minute work involves only quick revision of grammar rules, reading up sample compos, for chinese memorise good phrases, for science mem facts.

Yes, it's a huge relief that he would finally get to play his comp games. For me too, of course..to kick-start my exercise program..to shop/facial/hair cut (heehee...been neglecting myself now look like yellow face wife) ..meet up with friends/family..so much to do...to clean out the cupboards too..for next years' stuff. Busy but happy days coming up. :lol:

mathsparks
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Next

Return to Recess Time