What adults can learn from kids

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

What adults can learn from kids

Postby iLoveChubby » Tue Jul 16, 2013 2:45 pm

This is too good not to be shared.
Somehow she reminds me of how Steve Job speaks...

(Sorry dont know how to attach the video, hence just the link)

iLoveChubby
BlackBelt
BlackBelt

1 people like this post

Re: What adults can learn from kids

Postby ChiefKiasu » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:12 pm

iLoveChubby wrote:This is too good not to be shared.
Somehow she reminds me of how Steve Job speaks...

Thanks iLoveChubby! Wonderful talk by a 16yo child prodigy who has authored many books and articles since she was 6 years old!

I love TED talks. They are so visionary and yet down-to-earth.

BTW, even Dr Susan Lim, who has gained notoriety locally for overcharging the Brunei royalty and getting censured by the SMC and having her appeal thrown back by the Court of Appeal, has appeared on TED.

I don't think much of her business ethics, but after watching her speak, I could sense the passion she has in what she does. Do watch it and tell me what you all think.

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby concern2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:39 am

ChiefKiasu wrote:I don't think much of her business ethics, but after watching her speak, I could sense the passion she has in what she does. Do watch it and tell me what you all think.

:goodpost:

I don't know much about her either, but after watching this video, I learnt something about the controversies in the medical field, the struggles doctors face, about organ transplants, the development of stem cells and what it could do.

The first time her facial expression changed to more sombre-looking, I thought there was too much 'acting', but eventually, it became more natural and set the right tone for the rest of her speech. I was touched. She spoke in everyday language so that layman with no medical background like me can understand. A good speech.

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby Nebbermind » Thu Jul 25, 2013 11:09 am

I only feel that the SMA acted very high-handed. Where there is no proper guidelines, did they even issue a warning and the 'punishment' for not responding to the warning?

Nebbermind
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby concern2 » Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:01 pm

Nebbermind wrote:I only feel that the SMA acted very high-handed. Where there is no proper guidelines, did they even issue a warning and the 'punishment' for not responding to the warning?

Gong sia mi? :?

concern2
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Return to Recess Time