Police, MSF probe alleged child abuse by nanny

General comments and chit-chat, or tell us how we can improve KiasuParents.com

Police, MSF probe alleged child abuse by nanny

Postby sparks » Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:24 pm

http://www.todayonline.com/singapore/po ... buse-nanny

I need to rant.....grrrr...

I am sooooo angry with the mother after reading what happened to the boys. It is especially telling when it was reported in ST that the elder boy 'is angry with his mother for failing to protect them'. She may not be a bad mother but IMO she is definitely a lousy & self-engrossed one. She needs relatives, doctor & police to wake up to the fact that both her boys are suffering? What kind of mother is she??? :frustrated:

I want to cry for the 2 boys for not able to get help any earlier..... :sad:

sparks
BrownBelt
BrownBelt

Re: Police, MSF probe alleged child abuse by nanny

Postby Bluebottle » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:03 pm

indeed heartbreaking. what's wrong with this mum?

both she and the nanny deserve :nunchuk: :nunchuk: :nunchuk:

Bluebottle
GreenBelt
GreenBelt

Postby Dora1 » Wed Jul 24, 2013 4:55 pm

Yeah, I was also :mad: :mad: when I saw the report in the news. The boys are 9 and 10. I am sure they would have complained to their mother about the abuse. It is not a case where she missed the sign of the abuse. Luckily the auntie came to visit them (she sounded like a Malaysian from her accent) and brought them to KKH to see doc.
And in the end it was the KKH doc who made the police report.
I am sorry, but I really feel that these type of people should not be parents.....
Poor kids..... :sad:

Dora1
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Postby ammonite » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:38 pm

This is the extreme opposite of the overprotective mother. :slapshead:

I hope the state will pursue this case even if the mother doesn't. The nanny's children sound like they can become abusive parents in future. I rather have my tax money used for the boys' treatment and seek justice for them than to fund Shane Todd's case.

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Postby ChiefKiasu » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:59 pm

ammonite wrote:This is the extreme opposite of the overprotective mother. :slapshead:

I hope the state will pursue this case even if the mother doesn't. The nanny's children sound like they can become abusive parents in future. I rather have my tax money used for the boys' treatment and seek justice for them than to fund Shane Todd's case.

I thought in Shane Todd's case, the parents are claiming that the Singapore government has something to do with their son's murder? So our tax money is spent on clarifying the facts and protecting our integrity, isn't it?

ChiefKiasu
Site Admin

Postby ammonite » Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:20 pm

ChiefKiasu wrote:
ammonite wrote:This is the extreme opposite of the overprotective mother. :slapshead:

I thought in Shane Todd's case, the parents are claiming that the Singapore government has something to do with their son's murder? So our tax money is spent on clarifying the facts and protecting our integrity, isn't it?

From that light, yes of course. I just didn't think the parents have a case in the first place. And it really galled me that they walked out halfway after all the trouble and expenses spent upon their demand! The truth is we are only doing this because of FT report and they are Americans.

Unless I am being naive and there is more than meets the eyes... :skeptical:

ammonite
KiasuGrandMaster
KiasuGrandMaster

Nanny and her children 'abused 2 boys for years'

Postby CuriousHippo » Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:06 pm

Anyone wants to voice out their views on this topic?

SINGAPORE: The police and the Ministry of Social and Family Development (MSF) are investigating a possible case of long-term child abuse on two brothers by their nanny and her family.

The victims -- aged nine and 10 -- live a few floors below the nanny in an HDB unit in Bukit Panjang.

It is alleged that they were caned and made to kneel on stones with backpacks filled with water bottles or rocks.

Their mother said the elder son's lower spine is now curved as a result of the abuse, and he is unable to sit upright for long and sometimes has to lie down while eating.

The boy sought treatment at KK Women and Children's Hospital, where the doctor subsequently filed a police report. He was then transferred to the Institute of Mental Health as he was assessed to be mentally unstable.

The nanny's children were also in charge of giving the boys tuition. They allegedly threw the boys' spectacles on the ground and slapped them if they gave incorrect answers.

The MSF said it will provide necessary assistance to ensure the welfare of the children.

One of the victims, the younger brother, said: "They'd make us eat chilli. When we eat and spit it out, they'd make us eat it again. They'd rub medicated oil on our face. They'd make us do squats, 1,000 times and walk like a duck. I never said I didn't want to because I was scared they'd scold me."

The boys’ mother said: "When I found out what they did to my children, I felt so sorry towards them… I found the wrong nanny for them."

In 2012, investigations were conducted into 248 reports of child abuse. Ninety-four of these cases had evidence of abuse while seven were false complaints. The majority of cases involved physical and sexual abuse.

Channel NewsAsia spoke to psychiatrists, who said that children aged nine and 10 are already mentally mature and may be scarred for life by such incident.

- CNA/gn

CuriousHippo
OrangeBelt
OrangeBelt

Postby Littlefly » Fri Jul 26, 2013 10:22 am

I wondered what was the mother doing ? does she throw her boys to the nanny and never visited them ? I really think she failed as a mother. My heart went out to the 2 boys.

I am mother of 2 boys myself and my youngest is cared for by a nanny. She read about this report and told me about it. A nanny herself, she was appalled and disgusted with how the boys had been abused and mistreated.

Even if the nanny of the 2 boys are found to be guilty and punished, the permanent scarring of the boys would stay...

Littlefly
BlueBelt
BlueBelt

Return to Recess Time